Matt & Terri

Default Sweet Potato Pie

"Scott" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> (Snowfeet1) wrote:
>
> > I can't get on the internet (2 days now) and need a recipe for Sweet

Potato
> > Pie
> > - does anyone have a good recipe. I have pie crust recipe - just need

the
> > filling. Thanks.

Sweet Potato Pie

3 lbs. Yams

1 1/2 cups sugar

1 can evaporated milk

2 eggs

1 1/2 tsp nutmeg

1 tsp vanilla

1 stick of butter

Dash of cinnamon

Pre-heat your oven to 400°F. Boil the yams with the skin on until a fork or
butter knife causes the yams to easily break apart when inserted. Cool yams
slightly. Then place in a colander and run cold water over them to assist
you with removing the skins since the yams will still be pretty hot. Beat
yams with mixer on medium speed, stopping frequently to remove strings from
the beaters. Once the strings are removed, add butter and continue to mix.
Then add remaining ingredients. You may need to adjust the nutmeg and sugar
to your tastes. I like my pie sweet with a good amount of nutmeg! Continue
mixing your batter until it has a nice smooth consistency. The batter should
not be thin or runny, and it should not be too thick either. If too thick,
try adding a little more evaporated milk (by the tablespoon) until the
batter is smooth. Pour your batter into your favorite unbaked 9 or 10 inch
pie shell, sprinkle a dash of cinnamon on the top and bake for 50 minutes to
1 hour.(Tip: Brush the edges of your pie shell with ice water to prevent it
from burning before the pie is actually done). Brown specs on the top of the
pie are an indication that your pie is done. You can also insert a knife in
the middle of the pie, and if it comes out clean it's done! Let cool for at
least 1 hour before cutting and serving. This pie is simply delicious when
served slightly warmed by itself, or go ahead and throw caution (and your
diet) to the wind by placing a large scoop of French vanilla ice cream on
top of a nice warm slice! I really like my pie nice and cold right out of
the frig after its set over night with a tall glass of ice cold milk.

Snowfeet1

Thanks