Jenn

Default Need wedding cake pics!

I'm looking for some pictures of wedding cakes, but not traditional. For
final project in my wedding cake class, I really want to do a "crazy
cake"...one of those that each layer is kind of lopsided, and they each have
a different bright color fondant. I've seen a couple with flowers and one
with different animal prints, but I'm just looking for different ideas. I'm
just one of those people who can't really get going w/o a starting idea. I
won't copy someone else's cake, but I can never just make something up all
by myself...I need some sort of ideas to go off of! And everyone else in my
class is doing the traditional stuff. Not that I don't like those, I make
them for people all the time and just love 'em, but I gotta be the different
one in the bunch! I've googled, but haven't come up with anything really,
so if anyone can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate it!
Thanks!
Jenn. W.

--
Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and
quiet.

Peggy

"Jenn" <wannabeachef @ wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for some pictures of wedding cakes, but not traditional. For
> final project in my wedding cake class, I really want to do a "crazy
> cake"...one of those that each layer is kind of lopsided, and they each

have
> a different bright color fondant. I've seen a couple with flowers and one
> with different animal prints, but I'm just looking for different ideas.

I'm
> just one of those people who can't really get going w/o a starting idea.

> won't copy someone else's cake, but I can never just make something up all
> by myself...I need some sort of ideas to go off of! And everyone else in

my
> class is doing the traditional stuff. Not that I don't like those, I make
> them for people all the time and just love 'em, but I gotta be the

different
> one in the bunch! I've googled, but haven't come up with anything really,
> so if anyone can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate it!
> Thanks!
> Jenn. W.
>

> --
> Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and
> quiet.
> ~Bill Cosby

Maybe you've already seen these, but here's what I've found:
http://www.efyc.com/banquets/images/crazy_cake2.jpg
http://www.decorcakes.co.nz/cakes/We...ages/Crazy.jpg
~Peggy

Vox Humana

"Jenn" <wannabeachef @ wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for some pictures of wedding cakes, but not traditional. For
> final project in my wedding cake class, I really want to do a "crazy
> cake"...one of those that each layer is kind of lopsided, and they each

have
> a different bright color fondant. I've seen a couple with flowers and one
> with different animal prints, but I'm just looking for different ideas.

I'm
> just one of those people who can't really get going w/o a starting idea.

> won't copy someone else's cake, but I can never just make something up all
> by myself...I need some sort of ideas to go off of! And everyone else in

my
> class is doing the traditional stuff. Not that I don't like those, I make
> them for people all the time and just love 'em, but I gotta be the

different
> one in the bunch! I've googled, but haven't come up with anything really,
> so if anyone can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate it!
> Thanks!
> Jenn. W.

Take a look at a major bookstore. There are a few books out that I have
seen with similar cakes. Also, if you do a search on "weeding cakes" or
"party cakes" on Google, you will find sites with cake pictures.

Laura

Take a look at some of the wedding websites, they all have cake sections
with tons of photos. www.weddingchannel.com, www.knot.com, etc.

"Jenn" <wannabeachef @ wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for some pictures of wedding cakes, but not traditional. For
> final project in my wedding cake class, I really want to do a "crazy
> cake"...one of those that each layer is kind of lopsided, and they each

have
> a different bright color fondant. I've seen a couple with flowers and one
> with different animal prints, but I'm just looking for different ideas.

I'm
> just one of those people who can't really get going w/o a starting idea.

> won't copy someone else's cake, but I can never just make something up all
> by myself...I need some sort of ideas to go off of! And everyone else in

my
> class is doing the traditional stuff. Not that I don't like those, I make
> them for people all the time and just love 'em, but I gotta be the

different
> one in the bunch! I've googled, but haven't come up with anything really,
> so if anyone can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate it!
> Thanks!
> Jenn. W.
>

> --
> Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and
> quiet.
> ~Bill Cosby

Peggy

"Jenn" <wannabeachef @ wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> I'm looking for some pictures of wedding cakes, but not traditional. For
> final project in my wedding cake class, I really want to do a "crazy
> cake"...one of those that each layer is kind of lopsided, and they each

have
> a different bright color fondant. I've seen a couple with flowers and one
> with different animal prints, but I'm just looking for different ideas.

I'm
> just one of those people who can't really get going w/o a starting idea.

> won't copy someone else's cake, but I can never just make something up all
> by myself...I need some sort of ideas to go off of! And everyone else in

my
> class is doing the traditional stuff. Not that I don't like those, I make
> them for people all the time and just love 'em, but I gotta be the

different
> one in the bunch! I've googled, but haven't come up with anything really,
> so if anyone can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate it!
> Thanks!
> Jenn. W.
>

> --
> Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and
> quiet.
> ~Bill Cosby

Mo
http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...uebuttery4.jpg
http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...uebuttery9.jpg
http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...es/PC_CA12.jpg
http://images.della.com/images/pg/13_pc_ca18.jpg
http://images.della.com/images/pg/2_pc_cak5.jpg

Jenn

Thanks, Peggy! The first two I've seen, but these I hadn't. I've gotten
some really good ideas!
Jenn.

--

"Peggy" > wrote in message
> "Jenn" <wannabeachef @ wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> > I'm looking for some pictures of wedding cakes, but not traditional.

For
> > final project in my wedding cake class, I really want to do a "crazy
> > cake"...one of those that each layer is kind of lopsided, and they each

> have
> > a different bright color fondant. I've seen a couple with flowers and

one
> > with different animal prints, but I'm just looking for different ideas.

> I'm
> > just one of those people who can't really get going w/o a starting idea.

> > won't copy someone else's cake, but I can never just make something up

all
> > by myself...I need some sort of ideas to go off of! And everyone else

in
> my
> > class is doing the traditional stuff. Not that I don't like those, I

make
> > them for people all the time and just love 'em, but I gotta be the

> different
> > one in the bunch! I've googled, but haven't come up with anything

really,
> > so if anyone can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate it!
> > Thanks!
> > Jenn. W.
> >

> > --
> > Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and
> > quiet.
> > ~Bill Cosby
> >

> Mo
> http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...uebuttery4.jpg
> http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...uebuttery9.jpg
> http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...es/PC_CA12.jpg
> http://images.della.com/images/pg/13_pc_ca18.jpg
> http://images.della.com/images/pg/2_pc_cak5.jpg

Peggy

You're welcome. Glad I could help!
Peggy

"Jenn" <wannabeachef @ wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> Thanks, Peggy! The first two I've seen, but these I hadn't. I've gotten
> some really good ideas!
> Jenn.
>
> --
> Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and
> quiet.
> ~Bill Cosby
>

> "Peggy" > wrote in message
> > "Jenn" <wannabeachef @ wideopenwest.com> wrote in message
> > > I'm looking for some pictures of wedding cakes, but not traditional.

> For
> > > final project in my wedding cake class, I really want to do a "crazy
> > > cake"...one of those that each layer is kind of lopsided, and they

each
> > have
> > > a different bright color fondant. I've seen a couple with flowers and

> one
> > > with different animal prints, but I'm just looking for different

ideas.
> > I'm
> > > just one of those people who can't really get going w/o a starting

idea.
> > > won't copy someone else's cake, but I can never just make something up

> all
> > > by myself...I need some sort of ideas to go off of! And everyone else

> in
> > my
> > > class is doing the traditional stuff. Not that I don't like those, I

> make
> > > them for people all the time and just love 'em, but I gotta be the

> > different
> > > one in the bunch! I've googled, but haven't come up with anything

> really,
> > > so if anyone can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate it!
> > > Thanks!
> > > Jenn. W.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and
> > > quiet.
> > > ~Bill Cosby
> > >

> > Mo
> > http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...uebuttery4.jpg
> > http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...uebuttery9.jpg
> > http://images.della.com/images/lbd/s...es/PC_CA12.jpg
> > http://images.della.com/images/pg/13_pc_ca18.jpg
> > http://images.della.com/images/pg/2_pc_cak5.jpg

Darrell Grainger

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Jenn wrote:

> I'm looking for some pictures of wedding cakes, but not traditional. For
> final project in my wedding cake class, I really want to do a "crazy
> cake"...one of those that each layer is kind of lopsided, and they each have
> a different bright color fondant. I've seen a couple with flowers and one
> with different animal prints, but I'm just looking for different ideas. I'm
> just one of those people who can't really get going w/o a starting idea. I
> won't copy someone else's cake, but I can never just make something up all
> by myself...I need some sort of ideas to go off of! And everyone else in my
> class is doing the traditional stuff. Not that I don't like those, I make
> them for people all the time and just love 'em, but I gotta be the different
> one in the bunch! I've googled, but haven't come up with anything really,
> so if anyone can point me in a good direction, I'd appreciate it!
> Thanks!
> Jenn. W.

Don't have any pictures but I have some google tips. Go to
http://images.google.ca and search for:

wild wedding cake

If that does not find what you are looking for, choose different words for
wild (use the thesaurus at dictionary.com). I tried:

different wedding cake

I found http://www.jennyscakes.co.uk/. She has a wedding cak shaped like a
car with the bride and groom driving it. She has a wedding cake made from
cupcakes. Lots of colourful cakes as well.

> --
> Parents are not interested in justice, they're interested in peace and
> quiet.
> ~Bill Cosby

Don't send e-mail to
N.

You might want to take a look at the cake book, The Whimsical Bakehouse by
Kaye and Liv Hansen. The lopsided cakes in there aren't necessarily wedding
cakes, but they can certainly be adapted as such. They also have a little
website with a wedding cakes page:
http://www.geocities.com/paris/salon...ddingcakes.htm

Good luck!

N.