Baking (rec.food.baking) For bakers, would-be bakers, and fans and consumers of breads, pastries, cakes, pies, cookies, crackers, bagels, and other items commonly found in a bakery. Includes all methods of preparation, both conventional and not.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Dee Randall
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Vox Humana" wrote in message
...

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:09:00 GMT
"Vox Humana" wrote:


"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:42:12 GMT
"Jerry DeAngelis" wrote:

Regards and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!


Thanks. There's nothing like crass commercialism to remind us what
the
holidays are all about.

I think the Artisan site has some great information. Do they sell

stuff?
I
hadn't noticed.



I guess I just have knee-jerk reactions to "come see my fabulous site"
postings. Something about their tone and intent just makes me want to hit
someone. Having one set up for vanity rather than commerce somehow
doesn't
change how offended i am by them.


Most sites aren't fabulous or worth the time it takes to look at them. I
think the Artisan site is exceptional. They have some in-depth
information
on things like yeast and flour. There are good recipes, too. I never
really thought about it being a "vanity" site.

Jerry is so kind to take the time to "give" anyone information if they
decide to take a look. I've taken a look a number of times and I like his
site. Jerry, I like your site! So many people have personal sites, hoping
to give a little of themselves, me included; perhaps it is a vanity, but it
is most usually coupled with a feeling of wanting to share with others of
like mind.
Eric, I know from your postings that you like to share and give also. Now,
say you're sorry!
Dee



  #17 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-12-2004, 04:47 AM
Dee Randall
 
Posts: n/a
Default


"Vox Humana" wrote in message
...

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:09:00 GMT
"Vox Humana" wrote:


"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:42:12 GMT
"Jerry DeAngelis" wrote:

Regards and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all!


Thanks. There's nothing like crass commercialism to remind us what
the
holidays are all about.

I think the Artisan site has some great information. Do they sell

stuff?
I
hadn't noticed.



I guess I just have knee-jerk reactions to "come see my fabulous site"
postings. Something about their tone and intent just makes me want to hit
someone. Having one set up for vanity rather than commerce somehow
doesn't
change how offended i am by them.


Most sites aren't fabulous or worth the time it takes to look at them. I
think the Artisan site is exceptional. They have some in-depth
information
on things like yeast and flour. There are good recipes, too. I never
really thought about it being a "vanity" site.

Jerry is so kind to take the time to "give" anyone information if they
decide to take a look. I've taken a look a number of times and I like his
site. Jerry, I like your site! So many people have personal sites, hoping
to give a little of themselves, me included; perhaps it is a vanity, but it
is most usually coupled with a feeling of wanting to share with others of
like mind.
Eric, I know from your postings that you like to share and give also. Now,
say you're sorry!
Dee


  #18 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Raj V
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Jerry DeAngelis wrote:

I was surprised and offended by Mr. Jorgensen's comments,

SNIP

Ah Jerry,

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you
with experience. Your site demonstrates a love of life, the objector, a
sour, bitter view of same. Were I at a party guess who I would most like to
talk with?

Raj


  #19 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 27-12-2004, 03:40 PM
Raj V
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Jerry DeAngelis wrote:

I was surprised and offended by Mr. Jorgensen's comments,

SNIP

Ah Jerry,

Never argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level and beat you
with experience. Your site demonstrates a love of life, the objector, a
sour, bitter view of same. Were I at a party guess who I would most like to
talk with?

Raj




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Artisan - Recipe Upload - 8/17/2006 Jerry DeAngelis Baking 28 06-09-2006 10:07 PM
The Artisan - Recipe Upload - 8/17/2006 Jerry DeAngelis Sourdough 29 06-09-2006 10:07 PM
Recipe Upload - The Artisan - 6/30/2005 Jerry DeAngelis General Cooking 1 30-06-2005 10:26 PM
The Artisan - Upload for 12/5/2004 & News Jerry DeAngelis General Cooking 13 28-12-2004 05:59 AM
Recipe Upload - The Artisan - December 25, 2004 Jerry DeAngelis General Cooking 0 26-12-2004 06:42 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2021 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017