Kurt

Default Egg Nog

What is on egg nog to make me so sick and upset stomach?

Lucy

Kurt,
I'm sorry to hear you got ill.. especially around the holidays..
Maybe it was the raw egg, if it was used in that recipe?

When I make eggnog, I don't use raw eggs.. I thaw out some vanilla ice
cream, then add some nutmeg. (I don't drink alcohol, but I guess you could
add some rum)
Hope you feel better soon.
lucy

"Kurt" > wrote in message
> What is on egg nog to make me so sick and upset stomach?

Lucy

"Kurt" > wrote in message
> What is on egg nog to make me so sick and upset stomach?

Eric Jorgensen

On Sat, 25 Dec 2004 21:21:35 -0500
"Kurt" > wrote:

> What is on egg nog to make me so sick and upset stomach?

I'm not sure what it is about commercial eggnog, too much carrageenan or
something. The raw egg in home made nog doesn't cause problems for me, but
the last few years the grocery store stuff has been puke city. I used to
really like the stuff.

Peggy

Perhaps you're lactose intolerant? I am and if I drink too much egg nog, I
get really gassy.
~Peggy