FoodBanter.com

-   -   Best baking supply in Seattle? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/49110-best-baking-supply-seattle.html)

[email protected] 23-12-2004 07:48 AM

Best baking supply in Seattle?

I live in the South King County near Auburn. Looking for any great
baking supply store where I can buy various flours and equipment all in
one place. Any suggestions?

JaKe
jkdrummer at yahoo.com

Petey the Wonder Dog 23-12-2004 10:49 PM

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>I live in the South King County near Auburn. Looking for any great
>baking supply store where I can buy various flours and equipment all in
>one place. Any suggestions?

What kind of equipment?

As a bakery owner in Forida, I know nothing about Seattle, but if you're
talking about commercial equipment, and commercial quantities of flour,
I doubt you'll find both in the same store in any town.

That sort of flour in warehoused and shipped, not sold over the counter.

OTOH, companies like U.S. Foods deliver flour and supplies for baking,
and have catalogs of equipment that you can have delivered by them.

Petey the Wonder Dog 23-12-2004 10:49 PM

Alan Zelt 24-12-2004 01:17 AM

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I live in the South King County near Auburn. Looking for any great
> baking supply store where I can buy various flours and equipment all in
> one place. Any suggestions?
>
> JaKe
> jkdrummer at yahoo.com

That combo is not normally found in Seattle or any city. Buy your equipment
at Dick's on Fourth Ave So, just north of Spokane Viaduct or at Seattle
Kitchen Supply in north Seattle on Aurora about 150th St.

Flour for breads can be found at many locations. I prefer either Whole Foods
or Larry's.