Old 23-12-2004, 04:40 AM
Dave Bell

Scott wrote:

RECIPE: Whiskey cake

Looks great, Scott - thanks! I'll have to try this one for Christmas
dessert...

Old 23-12-2004, 09:13 PM
Dave Bell

Scott wrote:

*Every* time I've made this [Apple Cake], people ask for the recipe.

I can well believe it! I made one late evening, and it was half gone
*before* our three girls noticed it. Making another, double sized, for
Christmas brunch and dinner dessert with friends.

I like the suggestion to replace some of the oil with applesauce. That's
a standard replacement and always works well. Next batch I definately
will. I think I'll try using melted butter for the oil, as well. Have
you tried it with brown sugar, or a 50:50 mix? Maybe a little grated
sharp cheddar on top, in the last 10-15 minutes of baking!

Thanks for sharing it!

Dave
Old 23-12-2004, 11:32 PM
Scott

Dave Bell wrote:

I can well believe it! I made one late evening, and it was half gone
*before* our three girls noticed it. Making another, double sized, for
Christmas brunch and dinner dessert with friends.

Glad it turned out well!

I like the suggestion to replace some of the oil with applesauce. That's
a standard replacement and always works well. Next batch I definately
will. I think I'll try using melted butter for the oil, as well. Have
you tried it with brown sugar, or a 50:50 mix? Maybe a little grated
sharp cheddar on top, in the last 10-15 minutes of baking!

The brown sugar idea sounds interesting. I'm not a cheese-on-apple fan,
especially as I think this cake has a nice taste all its own; I'd
imagine that cheese would overwhelm it.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/