MOMPEAGRAM

Default Bonbon Christmas Cookies

* Exported from BigOven *

Bonbon Christmas Cookies

Recipe By :Chan
Serving Size :24
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Rolled Formed

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
2 jars maraschino cherries --10 ounces each drained

In a medium bowl, stir together the shortening and cream cheese until
wellblended.Stir in the flour, you may need to use your hands to help it
form a dough.If the mixture seems too dry, add a couple of teaspoons of
water.Cover and chill several hours or overnight.Preheat the oven to 375
degrees F.Lightly grease cookie sheets.Before rolling out the dough, dust
the rolling surface heavily withconfectioners' sugar.Roll the dough out to
1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 1x4 inch strips. Place acherry on the end of
each strip. Roll up each strip starting with thecherry.Place on prepared
cookie sheets and dust with a little of the confectioners'sugar.Bake for 7
to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.Cookies should brown slightly.Dust again
with the confectioners' sugar.Allow cookies to cool before serving, the
cherries are very hot!

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Dimitri

Now on Sale for $29.95
"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1102982750.18e42579c57b8769dce7e61cfdd96a3a@t eranews...
> * Exported from BigOven *
>
> Bonbon Christmas Cookies
>
> Recipe By :Chan
> Serving Size :24
> Cuisine :
> Main Ingred. :
> Categories :Rolled Formed

> -------- ------------- --------------------------------
> 8 ounces cream cheese
> 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
> 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
> 2 jars maraschino cherries --10 ounces each drained
>
> In a medium bowl, stir together the shortening and cream cheese until
> wellblended.Stir in the flour, you may need to use your hands to help it
> form a dough.If the mixture seems too dry, add a couple of teaspoons of
> water.Cover and chill several hours or overnight.Preheat the oven to 375
> degrees F.Lightly grease cookie sheets.Before rolling out the dough, dust
> the rolling surface heavily withconfectioners' sugar.Roll the dough out to
> 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 1x4 inch strips. Place acherry on the end of
> each strip. Roll up each strip starting with thecherry.Place on prepared
> cookie sheets and dust with a little of the confectioners'sugar.Bake for 7
> to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.Cookies should brown slightly.Dust
> again with the confectioners' sugar.Allow cookies to cool before serving,
> the cherries are very hot!
>

> ** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
> ** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Dimitri

Now on Sale for $29.95
"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1102982750.18e42579c57b8769dce7e61cfdd96a3a@t eranews...
> * Exported from BigOven *
>
> Bonbon Christmas Cookies
>
> Recipe By :Chan
> Serving Size :24
> Cuisine :
> Main Ingred. :
> Categories :Rolled Formed

> -------- ------------- --------------------------------
> 8 ounces cream cheese
> 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
> 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
> 2 jars maraschino cherries --10 ounces each drained
>
> In a medium bowl, stir together the shortening and cream cheese until
> wellblended.Stir in the flour, you may need to use your hands to help it
> form a dough.If the mixture seems too dry, add a couple of teaspoons of
> water.Cover and chill several hours or overnight.Preheat the oven to 375
> degrees F.Lightly grease cookie sheets.Before rolling out the dough, dust
> the rolling surface heavily withconfectioners' sugar.Roll the dough out to
> 1/8 inch thickness. Cut into 1x4 inch strips. Place acherry on the end of
> each strip. Roll up each strip starting with thecherry.Place on prepared
> cookie sheets and dust with a little of the confectioners'sugar.Bake for 7
> to 10 minutes in the preheated oven.Cookies should brown slightly.Dust
> again with the confectioners' sugar.Allow cookies to cool before serving,
> the cherries are very hot!
>

> ** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
> ** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Rick & Cyndi

"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1102982750.18e42579c57b8769dce7e61cfdd96a3a@t eranews...
> * Exported from BigOven *
>
> Bonbon Christmas Cookies
>
> Recipe By :Chan
> Serving Size :24
> Cuisine :
> Main Ingred. :
> Categories :Rolled Formed

> -------- ------------- --------------------------------
> 8 ounces cream cheese
> 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
> 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
> 2 jars maraschino cherries --10 ounces each drained
>
> <snipping the remainder of the recipe...>

This is sooo funny. I saved this as unread so that I could upload it to my
E-cookbook (Thank you Bob Ross!!! Merry Christmas to you and I pray all is
healthy and happy in your household!!). So, this morning I thought I'd
peruse the recipe. Imagine my surprise when I couldn't find out how much
bourbon to use. I thought I'd saved a recipe for BOURBON Christmas Cookies.
Ha! I was wondering if it was going to be a variation to the old Rum Ball
recipe... LOL!

Cyndi Maker'sMark

Rick & Cyndi