MOMPEAGRAM

Default 1992 1st Place: Gingerbread Bears

* Exported from BigOven *

1992 1st Place: Gingerbread Bears

Recipe By :
Serving Size :42
Cuisine :
Main Ingred. :
Categories :Bars and Cookies Cookies

-------- ------------- --------------------------------
3 1/2 Cup Unsifted
All-purpose flour
1 1/2 ts Ground ginger
1 1/2 ts Cinnamon
1 ts Baking soda
1 ts Ground cloves
1/4 ts Salt
1/2 c Butter --softened
3/4 c Sugar
1 Egg
3/4 c Light molasses
1 ts Grated lemon rind
Decorations as desired
1992 ro m: Robert Miles Date: 25 Sep 98

Preparation time: 35 minutes Chilling time: 2 hours or overnight Cooking
time: 7 to 10 minutes : 1. Measure 3 1/2 cups flour; sift together with
spices, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter with an electric mixer
in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar and mix on high speed until light
and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add egg and mix well. Stop the mixer and add
molasses and lemon rind. Mix on low speed to combine. Stir in dry
ingredients with a wooden spoon. : 2. Divide dough into four parts. Wrap
each one separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
: 3. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets. : 4. Remove
one piece of dough from the refrigerator at a time. Roll the well-chilled
dough on a floured board or between sheets of waxed paper to a 1/8-inch
thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters and carefully transfer to prepared
baking sheets, leaving 1-inch between each cookie. : 5. Bake just until
the cookies are lightly browned and set, 7 to 10 minutes. Do not overbake.
Transfer from baking sheets to a wire rack and cool completely before
decorating. Decorate as desired. Store in airtight containers. : Nancy
Schubert of Schaumburg, Illinois took first place with these chubby little
bears. She uses colored sugar, little candies and a classic royal icing to
decorate the bears. Confectioners' sugar icing or tubes of decorator icing
can be also can be used. from the Chicago Tribune fifth annual Food Guide
Holiday Cookie Contest December 3,

** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Dimitri

Now on Sale for $29.95
"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote in message
news:1102982088.a17baf1e75c1c6a7c39fee739a83d60e@t eranews...
> * Exported from BigOven *
>
> 1992 1st Place: Gingerbread Bears
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size :42
> Cuisine :
> Main Ingred. :
> Categories :Bars and Cookies Cookies

> -------- ------------- --------------------------------
> 3 1/2 Cup Unsifted
> All-purpose flour
> 1 1/2 ts Ground ginger
> 1 1/2 ts Cinnamon
> 1 ts Baking soda
> 1 ts Ground cloves
> 1/4 ts Salt
> 1/2 c Butter --softened
> 3/4 c Sugar
> 1 Egg
> 3/4 c Light molasses
> 1 ts Grated lemon rind
> Decorations as desired
> 1992 ro m: Robert Miles Date: 25 Sep 98
>
> Preparation time: 35 minutes Chilling time: 2 hours or overnight Cooking
> time: 7 to 10 minutes : 1. Measure 3 1/2 cups flour; sift together with
> spices, baking soda and salt; set aside. Beat butter with an electric
> mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Add sugar and mix on high speed until
> light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Add egg and mix well. Stop the mixer and add
> molasses and lemon rind. Mix on low speed to combine. Stir in dry
> ingredients with a wooden spoon. : 2. Divide dough into four parts. Wrap
> each one separately in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or overnight.
> : 3. Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets. : 4. Remove
> one piece of dough from the refrigerator at a time. Roll the well-chilled
> dough on a floured board or between sheets of waxed paper to a 1/8-inch
> thickness. Cut out with cookie cutters and carefully transfer to prepared
> baking sheets, leaving 1-inch between each cookie. : 5. Bake just until
> the cookies are lightly browned and set, 7 to 10 minutes. Do not
> overbake. Transfer from baking sheets to a wire rack and cool completely
> before decorating. Decorate as desired. Store in airtight containers. :
> Nancy Schubert of Schaumburg, Illinois took first place with these chubby
> little bears. She uses colored sugar, little candies and a classic royal
> icing to decorate the bears. Confectioners' sugar icing or tubes of
> decorator icing can be also can be used. from the Chicago Tribune fifth
> annual Food Guide Holiday Cookie Contest December 3,
>

> ** This recipe can be pasted directly into BigOven for Windows. **
> ** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Dimitri