Old 25-12-2004, 01:03 AM
Michael

Loved those truffle recipes, Vox. WAHOOO!! They looked wonderful.

My favorite cookie is a variation on the Nestle's Toll House Cookie
recipe. I add more vanilla, more chips, and walnut extract. They
always come out soft and chewy, but I watch the time like a hawk. A
minute too long and they get crunchy. If you needed ultra-chocolate,
you could replace a quarter cup of the flour with cocoa. Does that
sound right, or too much?

One hint on the Toll House Cookies. It's tempting to melt the butter
in the recipe because the batter comes out so stiff and hard to work,
but don't melt it. That stiffness keeps the cookies from flattening
out into a less-than-satisfying shape which seems to me to effect the
taste as well as the shape.

Good luck on your super chocolate cookie quest!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Michael