kerfin

Default Bailey's Substitute?

Hello,

Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.

Thanks for any suggestions!
Ian & Hilda Dedic

kerfin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
> I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
> the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!

I just heard on the radio tonight that sainsbury's or tesco's was doing
£7.00
off 1Litre of bailey's for christmas.. maybe this is more affordable...

Hilda (in London)
Ian & Hilda Dedic

kerfin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
> I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
> the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!

I just heard on the radio tonight that sainsbury's or tesco's was doing
£7.00
off 1Litre of bailey's for christmas.. maybe this is more affordable...

Hilda (in London)
Ian & Hilda Dedic

kerfin wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
> I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
> the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!

I just heard on the radio tonight that sainsbury's or tesco's was doing
£7.00
off 1Litre of bailey's for christmas.. maybe this is more affordable...

Hilda (in London)
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Try Carolan's Irish Cream. It's about half the price of Baileys
>or maybe a little more.

Actually tastes better too. Try some over ice.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Try Carolan's Irish Cream. It's about half the price of Baileys
>or maybe a little more.

Actually tastes better too. Try some over ice.
Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Try Carolan's Irish Cream. It's about half the price of Baileys
>or maybe a little more.

Actually tastes better too. Try some over ice.

Vox Humana

"kerfin" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
> I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
> the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!

You could use Iris Cream flavoring and make up the balance with heavy cream.
For instance if your recipe called for 1 cup of Bailey's, you could use a
cup of cream and 1 tsp. of flavoring. Here is a link to the product:
http://tinyurl.com/3ppv2

Vox Humana

"kerfin" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
> I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
> the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!

You could use Iris Cream flavoring and make up the balance with heavy cream.
For instance if your recipe called for 1 cup of Bailey's, you could use a
cup of cream and 1 tsp. of flavoring. Here is a link to the product:
http://tinyurl.com/3ppv2

Vox Humana

"kerfin" > wrote in message
om...
> Hello,
>
> Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
> I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
> the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions!

You could use Iris Cream flavoring and make up the balance with heavy cream.
For instance if your recipe called for 1 cup of Bailey's, you could use a
cup of cream and 1 tsp. of flavoring. Here is a link to the product:
http://tinyurl.com/3ppv2

kerfin

Ian & Hilda Dedic > wrote in message >...
> kerfin wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
> > I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
> > the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions!

> I just heard on the radio tonight that sainsbury's or tesco's was doing
> £7.00
> off 1Litre of bailey's for christmas.. maybe this is more affordable...
>
> Hilda (in London)

Hi Hilda,

Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping Bailey's goes on sale for Christmas
here in the US as well! For that much off the price I'd stock a few
bottles for drinks after I'm done baking.

Cheers,
Parker

kerfin

Petey the Wonder Dog > wrote in message >. ..
> Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
> >Try Carolan's Irish Cream. It's about half the price of Baileys
> >or maybe a little more.

> Actually tastes better too. Try some over ice.

A little Irish Cream over ice always makes baking more fun.
kerfin

Petey the Wonder Dog > wrote in message >. ..
> Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
> >Try Carolan's Irish Cream. It's about half the price of Baileys
> >or maybe a little more.

> Actually tastes better too. Try some over ice.

A little Irish Cream over ice always makes baking more fun.
kerfin

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message >.. .
> "kerfin" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
> > I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
> > the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.
> >
> > Thanks for any suggestions!

> You could use Iris Cream flavoring and make up the balance with heavy cream.
> For instance if your recipe called for 1 cup of Bailey's, you could use a
> cup of cream and 1 tsp. of flavoring. Here is a link to the product:
> http://tinyurl.com/3ppv2

Thanks for the link. I may need more irish cream than anticipated and
may experiment with this flavoring. Seems simple and quick.

Ruth

>>I like the idea of having leftover Bailey's for a few drinks.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just looked up a few recipes and they
seem doable. Many seem to contain raw egg, but I think some mixture
of cream, milk, and whiskey would do the trick nicely. Thanks.
Cheers.

I've been making this recipe for Irish Cream Liqueur for about 5 years now.
I got the original recipe from the internet and played with it until I came
up with this:

http://www.lotsarecipes.com/beverages/irishcream.htm

I hope this helps, I usually double the recipe and add it to coffee and over
ice.

Ruth
www.lotsarecipes.com

Mr. Bailey, RIP 11/2/2009 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 13 05-11-2009 10:10 PM
Vale Bailey Carrodus Martin Field Wine 3 26-09-2008 05:20 PM
Bailey's Kiss Jean Shephard Recipes (moderated) 0 13-02-2008 03:39 AM
KO: Bailey's Irish Cream ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 2 16-10-2004 05:16 AM
Bailey's Chocolate Mousse Pie #2 Duckie ® Recipes 0 25-02-2004 07:12 PM