Old 29-11-2004, 06:36 AM
kerfin

Petey the Wonder Dog wrote in message . ..
Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
Try Carolan's Irish Cream. It's about half the price of Baileys
or maybe a little more.

Actually tastes better too. Try some over ice.

A little Irish Cream over ice always makes baking more fun.

Old 29-11-2004, 06:38 AM
kerfin

"Vox Humana" wrote in message .. .
"kerfin" wrote in message
om...
Hello,

Can anyone suggest a substitute for Bailey's Irish Cream for baking?
I have a cheesecake recipe that calls for Baileys. To save on buying
the Bailey's, I'd like to see if I can't substitute something else.

Thanks for any suggestions!

You could use Iris Cream flavoring and make up the balance with heavy cream.
For instance if your recipe called for 1 cup of Bailey's, you could use a
cup of cream and 1 tsp. of flavoring. Here is a link to the product:
http://tinyurl.com/3ppv2

Thanks for the link. I may need more irish cream than anticipated and
may experiment with this flavoring. Seems simple and quick.

Old 01-12-2004, 08:08 PM
Ruth

I like the idea of having leftover Bailey's for a few drinks.
Thanks for the suggestion. I just looked up a few recipes and they
seem doable. Many seem to contain raw egg, but I think some mixture
of cream, milk, and whiskey would do the trick nicely. Thanks.
Cheers.

I've been making this recipe for Irish Cream Liqueur for about 5 years now.
I got the original recipe from the internet and played with it until I came
up with this:

http://www.lotsarecipes.com/beverages/irishcream.htm

I hope this helps, I usually double the recipe and add it to coffee and over
ice.

Ruth
www.lotsarecipes.com

Mr. Bailey, RIP 11/2/2009 jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 13 05-11-2009 10:10 PM
Vale Bailey Carrodus Martin Field Wine 3 26-09-2008 05:20 PM
Bailey's Kiss Jean Shephard Recipes (moderated) 0 13-02-2008 03:39 AM
KO: Bailey's Irish Cream ~*~ Bunny ~*~ Recipes 2 16-10-2004 05:16 AM
Bailey's Chocolate Mousse Pie #2 Duckie Recipes 0 25-02-2004 07:12 PM