Old 12-11-2020, 03:27 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Default Irish soda bread (again)

Many moons ago I posted the URL of a video that one of our students had
made of his mother making Irish soda bread the traditional way. The link
got changed in a web reord, but I posted it again in its new form.

Embarrassinlg ynow that I have retired, it's gone again and worse, I
can't find any trace of either of my posts in the Google Groups Usenet
archives, which is weird (or maybe my memory lacks the right keywords).
If anyone still has either of those posts I'd be grateful for a copy.

Either way, I still have the video, and the Dept of Irish still have the
gold master, so it will eventually be put on YouTube. In the meantime I
have arranged for it to be available for download at
http://epu.ucc.ie/sodabread/aranceart.mov (35MB).

Peter

Old 12-11-2020, 04:04 PM posted to rec.food.baking

On Thu, 12 Nov 2020 14:27:12 +0000, Peter Flynn
wrote:

Many moons ago I posted the URL of a video that one of our students had
made of his mother making Irish soda bread the traditional way. The link
got changed in a web reord, but I posted it again in its new form.

Embarrassinlg ynow that I have retired, it's gone again and worse, I
can't find any trace of either of my posts in the Google Groups Usenet
archives, which is weird (or maybe my memory lacks the right keywords).
If anyone still has either of those posts I'd be grateful for a copy.

Either way, I still have the video, and the Dept of Irish still have the
gold master, so it will eventually be put on YouTube. In the meantime I
have arranged for it to be available for download at
http://epu.ucc.ie/sodabread/aranceart.mov (35MB).

Peter

This video has always delighted me. I have adored it for years.

Thanks for linking.
Old 13-11-2020, 04:42 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Peter Flynn wrote:

Many moons ago I posted the URL of a video that one of our
students had made of his mother making Irish soda bread
the traditional way. The link got changed in a web reord,
but I posted it again in its new form.

Embarrassinlg ynow that I have retired, it's gone again ?
and worse, I can't find any trace of either of my posts in
the Google Groups Usenet archives, which is weird (or
maybe my memory lacks the right keywords). If anyone still
has either of those posts I'd be grateful for a copy.

Either way, I still have the video, and the Dept of Irish
still have the gold master, so it will eventually be put
on YouTube. In the meantime I have arranged for it to be
available for download at
http://epu.ucc.ie/sodabread/aranceart.mov (35MB).

Peter

I've found one of your posts in my archive from 2 Oct 2019.

Would you like me to email you the text file or to post
the meat (leaving out the headers) of the post here?

Nyssa, who has the oddest things saved in her various
Usenet text file archives spread across several machines
and decades
Old 13-11-2020, 09:10 PM posted to rec.food.baking

On 13/11/2020 15:42, Nyssa wrote:
Peter Flynn wrote:
[...] If anyone still has either of those posts I'd be grateful for
a copy.

I've found one of your posts in my archive from 2 Oct 2019.

Would you like me to email you the text file or to post
the meat (leaving out the headers) of the post here?

Thank you! Those dates have expired from my upstream provider's cache.
As the URI would now be misleading, perhaps if you could email me the
message with its headers, that would be great.

Nyssa, who has the oddest things saved in her various
Usenet text file archives spread across several machines
and decades

I too, but this one escaped the fine-mesh filter.

Peter
Old 14-11-2020, 02:24 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Peter Flynn wrote:
[...] If anyone still has either of those posts I'd be
[grateful for
a copy.

I've found one of your posts in my archive from 2 Oct
2019.

Would you like me to email you the text file or to post
the meat (leaving out the headers) of the post here?

Thank you! Those dates have expired from my upstream
provider's cache. As the URI would now be misleading,
perhaps if you could email me the message with its
headers, that would be great.

Nyssa, who has the oddest things saved in her various
Usenet text file archives spread across several machines
and decades

I too, but this one escaped the fine-mesh filter.

Peter

File sent!

If anyone else wants a copy, just shoot me an email and
I'll send it out as a text attachment.

Nyssa, who really should organize her massive amount of
saved posts at least into some sub-directories according
to topic

Irish Soda Bread jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 1 17-03-2008 01:40 AM
Irish Soda Bread Kathrynne Holden Recipes (moderated) 0 03-06-2007 10:52 PM
Irish Soda Bread Lucky Recipes (moderated) 0 18-11-2005 05:19 AM
Irish Soda Bread 4 Tim Recipes 0 16-06-2005 02:10 PM
Irish Soda Bread Duckie Recipes 0 14-03-2005 01:06 AM