Old 09-04-2020, 05:20 AM posted to rec.food.baking

Default Hudson Cream Self Rising Flour????

On Wednesday, June 5, 2002 at 10:43:10 AM UTC-5, Angela Goodwin wrote:
I asked my grandma how to make what my mom calls mile high biscuits, and my
grandma said that the secret is she only uses Hudson Cream Self Rising
Flour. Now she lives in West Virigina, and I'm in Washington. Is this a
national brand or is it some thing you can only get on the east coast, and
what makes it so special?
Angie

Hudson Cream Flour is milled in Kansas by the Stafford County Flour Mills. If your local grocer doesn't carry Hudson Cream, you can visit their website at: hudsoncream.com and order online or by mail. The website also contains information on the way the flour is milled which is likely what makes it special.

Old 09-04-2020, 07:59 PM posted to rec.food.baking

Goodwin wrote:
I asked my grandma how to make what my mom calls mile
high biscuits, and my grandma said that the secret is she
only uses Hudson Cream Self Rising
Flour. Now she lives in West Virigina, and I'm in
Washington. Is this a national brand or is it some thing
you can only get on the east coast, and what makes it so
special? Angie

Hudson Cream Flour is milled in Kansas by the Stafford
County Flour Mills. If your local grocer doesn't carry
Hudson Cream, you can visit their website at:
hudsoncream.com and order online or by mail. The website
also contains information on the way the flour is milled
which is likely what makes it special.

I know Kroger carries it because I have a bag in my freezer
I picked up for my neighbor there.

She claims the same thing: her biscuits don't come out right
unless she uses this flour. She also uses it for breading
fish or chicken that she's going to fry.

She's originally from West Virginia and used to stock up
whenever she went back for visits, so it's available
*someplace* in WV.

Nyssa, who realizes that the OP was make in 2002, but that
someone else may be interested in the topic too

and there's no harm in resuscitating this group!