FoodBanter.com

-   -   Banana Bread...how to keep it crunchy? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/44646-banana-bread-how-keep.html)

baker1 19-11-2004 10:25 PM

Banana Bread...how to keep it crunchy?

On the opposite spectrum, I bake a normal Banana quick bread and it
comes out very crunchy on top...just perfect. However, it softens up
and the only way to get it crunchy is to toast it. Is there a way to
keep it cruncy...lilke a sourdough bread gets?

Thx again.

Vox Humana 19-11-2004 10:37 PM

"baker1" > wrote in message
> On the opposite spectrum, I bake a normal Banana quick bread and it
> comes out very crunchy on top...just perfect. However, it softens up
> and the only way to get it crunchy is to toast it. Is there a way to
> keep it cruncy...lilke a sourdough bread gets?

No. It goes soft because the moisture from the crumb wicks into the crust.

baker1 19-11-2004 11:38 PM

Ah, yes, that would make sense. Guess it's the toaster method.
Thanks Vox

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 22:37:10 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
wrote:

.. .