Vox Humana

"jpal" > wrote in message
news:sdvmd.2959$qS4.2097@trnddc09...
> Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
> pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
> perfect by Thanksgiving!
> again, Thanks in Advance

I have made the standard recipe on the Libby's can, substituting Nutrasweet
for the sugar. I comes out just fine. You could do the same thing with
Splenda.

Vox Humana

"jpal" > wrote in message
> Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
> pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
> perfect by Thanksgiving!
> again, Thanks in Advance

I have made the standard recipe on the Libby's can, substituting Nutrasweet
for the sugar. I comes out just fine. You could do the same thing with
Splenda.

Eric Jorgensen

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:31:52 GMT
"jpal" > wrote:

> Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
> pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
> perfect by Thanksgiving!
> again, Thanks in Advance

Good luck finding a sugar-free sweet potato. 16.9 grams of sugar per
serving, 166 calories in carbs out of 180 calories total per serving.
Eric Jorgensen

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 22:31:52 GMT
"jpal" > wrote:

> Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
> pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
> perfect by Thanksgiving!
> again, Thanks in Advance

Good luck finding a sugar-free sweet potato. 16.9 grams of sugar per
serving, 166 calories in carbs out of 180 calories total per serving.

Roy Basan

"jpal" > wrote in message news:<sdvmd.2959$qS4.2097@trnddc09>...
> Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
> pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
> perfect by Thanksgiving!
> again, Thanks in Advance
>
> jay

Hmmn that is a pretty strange request....
Sweet potato is already a high carbohydrate ingredient so what is the
point of having it sugar free? Further reduction of calories or just
plain avoidance for cane sugar?
Anyway
As what some other posters had stated the substitution with
alternative sweeteners could give positive results. Technically that
is possible as you allready had the bulking agent that will help hold
the pie structure in the form of potato/pumpkin carbohydrates as well
as structural materials in your recipe such as egg and milk
protein...then give it a try...
Roy
Roy Basan

"jpal" > wrote in message news:<sdvmd.2959$qS4.2097@trnddc09>...
> Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
> pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
> perfect by Thanksgiving!
> again, Thanks in Advance
>
> jay

Hmmn that is a pretty strange request....
Sweet potato is already a high carbohydrate ingredient so what is the
point of having it sugar free? Further reduction of calories or just
plain avoidance for cane sugar?
Anyway
As what some other posters had stated the substitution with
alternative sweeteners could give positive results. Technically that
is possible as you allready had the bulking agent that will help hold
the pie structure in the form of potato/pumpkin carbohydrates as well
as structural materials in your recipe such as egg and milk
protein...then give it a try...
Roy
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Tue, 16
Nov 2004 22:31:52 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
"jpal" > reported:

>Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
>pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
>perfect by Thanksgiving!
>again, Thanks in Advance
>
> jay

Why not just make your usual recipe but don't put any sugar in it?
You might finally find out just how tasty a sweet potato is that
hasn't had extra sugar added to it.

I'm serious. I can't understand why people make that carrot salad
with sugar added - carrots are naturally sweet, so why make them
sweeter. I personally like to slice up sweet potatoes, put olive oil,
dried basil and garlic on them and bake like "chips" in the oven -
they're wonderful that way.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Tue, 16
Nov 2004 22:31:52 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
"jpal" > reported:

>Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
>pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
>perfect by Thanksgiving!
>again, Thanks in Advance
>
> jay

Why not just make your usual recipe but don't put any sugar in it?
You might finally find out just how tasty a sweet potato is that
hasn't had extra sugar added to it.

I'm serious. I can't understand why people make that carrot salad
with sugar added - carrots are naturally sweet, so why make them
sweeter. I personally like to slice up sweet potatoes, put olive oil,
dried basil and garlic on them and bake like "chips" in the oven -
they're wonderful that way.

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il>
~*~*~*~*~*~
"What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of
chocolate."
--Katharine Hepburn (May 12, 1907 - June 29, 2003)
~*~*~*~*~*~
Links to my published poetry - http://davidachazan.homestead.com/
~*~*~*~*~*~
Eric Jorgensen

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:08:14 +0200
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady > wrote:

> (Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Tue, 16
> Nov 2004 22:31:52 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
> "jpal" > reported:
>
> >Pleeeze does anybody have a good tasting sugar free sweet potato pie or
> >pumpkin pie recipe? pleeeze share. I'm going to practice until I get it
> >perfect by Thanksgiving!
> >again, Thanks in Advance
> >
> > jay
> >

> Why not just make your usual recipe but don't put any sugar in it?
> You might finally find out just how tasty a sweet potato is that
> hasn't had extra sugar added to it.
>
> I'm serious. I can't understand why people make that carrot salad
> with sugar added - carrots are naturally sweet, so why make them
> sweeter. I personally like to slice up sweet potatoes, put olive oil,
> dried basil and garlic on them and bake like "chips" in the oven -
> they're wonderful that way.

I agree completely. With the marshmallows usually added to these items,
who needs the sugar?