Eddie G

Default wheat bread

I noticed in the store all of the wheat breads have high fructose corn
syrup. Why do they have this? What brands have just the
basics...like white bread but with whole wheat flour?

Thanks,

Eddie G
Vox Humana

"Eddie G" > wrote in message
om...
> I noticed in the store all of the wheat breads have high fructose corn
> syrup. Why do they have this? What brands have just the
> basics...like white bread but with whole wheat flour?

You just have to read the labels to see what brands have which ingredients
I suspect that most mass produced bread has some type of sugar. Corn syrup
apparently is the least expensive form and that is what is used in food
products. We have a local "artisan" bakery that advertised that they don't
use any sugar in their breads. Bread is very easy to make, especially if
you have a food processor or stand mixer. If you make it yourself, you know
what's in it. You can make dough in a food processor in about two minutes.
You can stage the rest of the process to conform to your schedule.

Vox Humana

"Eddie G" > wrote in message
om...
> I noticed in the store all of the wheat breads have high fructose corn
> syrup. Why do they have this? What brands have just the
> basics...like white bread but with whole wheat flour?

You just have to read the labels to see what brands have which ingredients
I suspect that most mass produced bread has some type of sugar. Corn syrup
apparently is the least expensive form and that is what is used in food
products. We have a local "artisan" bakery that advertised that they don't
use any sugar in their breads. Bread is very easy to make, especially if
you have a food processor or stand mixer. If you make it yourself, you know
what's in it. You can make dough in a food processor in about two minutes.
You can stage the rest of the process to conform to your schedule.

Whole-wheat-and-rye bread (ABM) Serene General Cooking 6 22-04-2008 08:01 PM
whole wheat bread engv9q2ghqa Baking 20 14-08-2007 11:49 AM
whole wheat bread engv9q2ghqa General Cooking 23 14-08-2007 11:49 AM
Wheat bread vs Whole Wheat Bread ??? Will General Cooking 10 22-06-2005 12:39 PM
100% Whole Wheat Bread Tim Recipes 0 01-06-2005 03:03 AM