Old 20-11-2004, 07:44 PM
Scott

"Vox Humana" wrote:

Line bottom and side of 9 x 3-inch springform pan with ladyfinger halves,
split sides up; set aside. In large mixer bowl beat cream cheese until
smooth and fluffy. Add 1 cup of the milk, beating well. Blend in remaining
milk, condensed milk, pudding mix, peanut butter, and cheesecake filling
mixes. (Reserve crust mixes for other use.) Fold in whipped topping and
cabbage. Spoon into ladyfinger-lined pan. Cover and refrigerate several
hours or overnight. Remove side of pan just before serving. Top with
marshmallow, cookie crumbs, and candy pieces and a large dollop of Coolwhip.

Along this line, I saw the following on r.f.r:

-------------------
Pie Crust Peanut Butter Cookies
1 (9 oz.) pkg. pie crust mix
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
3 Tbsp. water

Cut peanut butter, brown sugar and water into the pie crust mix. Place 1
teaspoon dough on ungreased cookie sheet, 2 inches apart.
Flatten with a fork. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
-------------------

Pie crust mix? What's that? Are we basically talking about a sort of
Bisquick for pies? I don't see the point. If it's just flour,
shortening, sugar, and salt, it hardly seems to be a time savings, since
most of the effort is in mixing with water and rolling it out. I *hope*
it's not just graham cracker crumbs.

It's been a couple of years since I read through r.f.r--I had gotten fed
up with some really bad recipes (especially oil infusions and baked
cake-in-a-jar) and stopped reading.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/

Old 20-11-2004, 07:57 PM
Vox Humana

"Scott" wrote in message

[...]

I can top the pie crust mix. A few weeks ago I was browsing the cake
decorating departing at my local mega store. I encounter a bag of "frosting
mix." I believe that this was a Wilton product and sold for some ungodly
amount - around $6.00. The ingredients were powdered sugar, salt, and
artificial flavoring. You just had to add some butter or shortening and
water or milk. How convenient. Let's see -- I could have purchased the 69
cent bag of confectioner's sugar and had the same thing.

Old 21-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 20:50:47 GMT, "Vox Humana"
wrote:

It's a joke. You will see the context if you read the beginning of the
thread.

Oh, oh! I've been WHOOSHED!

(Silly me!)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il
Old 21-11-2004, 02:10 PM
Vox Humana

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" wrote in
message ...
wrote:

It's a joke. You will see the context if you read the beginning of the
thread.

Oh, oh! I've been WHOOSHED!

(Silly me!)

Someone will probably find this in the Google archives and make it!

Old 22-11-2004, 02:23 PM
Scott

"Vox Humana" wrote:

I can top the pie crust mix. A few weeks ago I was browsing the cake
decorating departing at my local mega store. I encounter a bag of "frosting
mix." I believe that this was a Wilton product and sold for some ungodly
amount - around $6.00. The ingredients were powdered sugar, salt, and
artificial flavoring. You just had to add some butter or shortening and
water or milk. How convenient. Let's see -- I could have purchased the 69
cent bag of confectioner's sugar and had the same thing.

Things have become so ridiculous that people even fall for the
*illusion* of convenience.