Old 17-11-2004, 08:20 PM
Mable Fable

Old 17-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Vox Humana

"Mable Fable" wrote in message
Hi, I've just started looking at discuss groups, I'm nervous about
posting here after reading the pumpkin cookie mess, I would have felt
very unwelcome, IS THIS A PRIVATE GROUP?

Which part of the "pumpkin cookie mess" made you nervous? Was it the part
where people gave their opinions after the OP asked for opinions? Did you
think that people should only post messages that are in agreement with the
OP in each thread? For instance, if I posted a recipe for cheesecake that
included cabbage and peanut butter and called it "amazing cabbage and peanut
butter cheesecake," would it be unacceptable for people to say they though
the recipe was nasty?

What exactly is a "private group?"

Are you aware that there is a MODERATED newsgroup called "rec.food.recipes?"
You can request recipes and submit recipes. Someone screens all the
messages and discards everything else. You can find the online, searchable
archives of that group he http://www.recipesource.com/

Oh, and I should point out that posting HTML/image/audio files to a
non-binary newsgroup is a violation of netiquette. No, I'm not the posting
police, but just someone pointing out reality. Posting from a webtv address
is like waving a red flag on Usenet. That you jumped into a newsgroup with
your HTML and criticism of the group's culture isn't considered a good way
to introduce yourself. If you want to post HTML, it's up to you just as you
can wear a bathrobe to church if you want.

Welcome to the group, Mable!

Old 18-11-2004, 08:43 PM
Scott

"Vox Humana" wrote:

For instance, if I posted a recipe for cheesecake that
included cabbage and peanut butter and called it "amazing cabbage and
peanut butter cheesecake,"

Please post.
Old 18-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Vox Humana

"Scott" wrote in message
"Vox Humana" wrote:

For instance, if I posted a recipe for cheesecake that
included cabbage and peanut butter and called it "amazing cabbage and
peanut butter cheesecake,"

Please post.

I'll try to find one that uses cake mix and Coolwhip.

Old 19-11-2004, 01:36 AM
Scott

"Vox Humana" wrote:

I'll try to find one that uses cake mix and Coolwhip.

.... and instant pudding.

--
to respond (OT only), change "spamless.invalid" to "optonline.net"

http://www.thecoffeefaq.com/
Old 19-11-2004, 06:05 PM
Eric Jorgensen

On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:36:20 -0500
Scott wrote:

In article ,
"Vox Humana" wrote:

I'll try to find one that uses cake mix and Coolwhip.

... and instant pudding.

Can i request a no-bake recipe, while we're at it?
Old 19-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Vox Humana

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:36:20 -0500
Scott wrote:

In article ,
"Vox Humana" wrote:

I'll try to find one that uses cake mix and Coolwhip.

... and instant pudding.

Can i request a no-bake recipe, while we're at it?

2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers

1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese

2 cups milk

1 can sweetened condensed milk

2 boxes instant pudding

1 cup peanut butter

1 6oz package of shredded red cabbage

2 packages (11.2 ounces each) no-bake cheesecake mix

1 container (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed

Miniature marshmallows, crushed Oreos, and M&M candies, additional whipped
topping

Line bottom and side of 9 x 3-inch springform pan with ladyfinger halves,
split sides up; set aside. In large mixer bowl beat cream cheese until
smooth and fluffy. Add 1 cup of the milk, beating well. Blend in remaining
milk, condensed milk, pudding mix, peanut butter, and cheesecake filling
mixes. (Reserve crust mixes for other use.) Fold in whipped topping and
cabbage. Spoon into ladyfinger-lined pan. Cover and refrigerate several
hours or overnight. Remove side of pan just before serving. Top with
marshmallow, cookie crumbs, and candy pieces and a large dollop of Coolwhip.

Old 19-11-2004, 08:13 PM
Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady

(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Fri, 19
Nov 2004 18:52:36 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
"Vox Humana" reported:

1 6oz package of shredded red cabbage

Cabbage? In a refrigerator cake? Are you SURE?

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
davidac AT jdc DOT org DOT il
Old 19-11-2004, 08:50 PM
Vox Humana

"Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady" wrote in message
(Please NOTE: My correct e-mail address is in my Signature) On Fri, 19
Nov 2004 18:52:36 GMT, during the rec.food.baking Community News Flash
"Vox Humana" reported:

1 6oz package of shredded red cabbage

Cabbage? In a refrigerator cake? Are you SURE?

It's a joke. You will see the context if you read the beginning of the
thread.

Old 20-11-2004, 12:50 AM
Janet Bostwick

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:36:20 -0500
Scott wrote:

In article ,
"Vox Humana" wrote:

[...]

That's gotta be wrong. Anyone knows that the red cabbage will bleed all
over. ;o}
Janet

Old 20-11-2004, 01:35 AM
Vox Humana

"Janet Bostwick" wrote in message

"Vox Humana" wrote in message

"Eric Jorgensen" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 20:36:20 -0500
Scott wrote:

In article ,
"Vox Humana" wrote:

[...]

But wait. What if I was a beginner? What if that was the first time I
posted. You can't disagree lest you might make someone nervous - even
scared.

Old 20-11-2004, 02:36 AM
Janet Bostwick

news

[...]