Scott Danzig

Default Awesome ricotta cheese pie recipe

I just experimented, cause I wanted to make something with sweetened ricotta
cheese (being a cannoli lover) and I came across a "cheese pie" recipe...not
sweetened too much though.. practically tastes the same as a cheese blintz,
but it turned out sooo good. Anyway, the URL for the recipe is:

http://www.recipesource.com/baked-go...s/cheese1.html

And here are some notes, because the recipe is not very well-written:

Ricotta cheese is sold in 1, 2, and 3 pound packages. The recipe calls for 5
cups.. The 3 pound package was a little more than was needed, so I left a
cup of it in the container and mixed the rest in as filling.

I used the dried grated lemon peel and orange peel... available in the spice
section of your grocery store.

Also, the pie crust apparently has to be "pre-baked" a little.. basically
what works is just putting the pie crust into the pan, and baking it just
until it barely starts to turn brown. If you see any brown, it's ready for
the filling.

The springform pan... just in case it seems confusing..they're asking for a
9 diameter, 1.5 inch high springform pan.

As for the twelve 12 inch long strips you cut, I'm not sure what they mean
by "12 inches wide".. I just made 12 fairly thin strips and threw em on.

- Scott

Here's what I did with that leftover ricotta cheese ImStillMags General Cooking 11 15-12-2010 08:20 PM
ricotta cheese Ricavito Diabetic 15 25-06-2010 04:54 AM
Ricotta cheese biig General Cooking 70 24-03-2009 12:17 PM
Ricotta Cheese cake Janet Wilder[_1_] General Cooking 28 21-02-2008 01:16 AM
Ricotta Cheese (7) Collection Terry Stautzenberger Recipes (moderated) 0 17-02-2005 03:06 AM