FoodBanter.com

-   -   Awesome ricotta cheese pie recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/435-awesome-ricotta-cheese-pie.html)

Scott Danzig 01-03-2004 05:02 AM

Awesome ricotta cheese pie recipe

I just experimented, cause I wanted to make something with sweetened ricotta
cheese (being a cannoli lover) and I came across a "cheese pie" recipe...not
sweetened too much though.. practically tastes the same as a cheese blintz,
but it turned out sooo good. Anyway, the URL for the recipe is:

http://www.recipesource.com/baked-go...s/cheese1.html

And here are some notes, because the recipe is not very well-written:

Ricotta cheese is sold in 1, 2, and 3 pound packages. The recipe calls for 5
cups.. The 3 pound package was a little more than was needed, so I left a
cup of it in the container and mixed the rest in as filling.

I used the dried grated lemon peel and orange peel... available in the spice
section of your grocery store.

Also, the pie crust apparently has to be "pre-baked" a little.. basically
what works is just putting the pie crust into the pan, and baking it just
until it barely starts to turn brown. If you see any brown, it's ready for
the filling.

The springform pan... just in case it seems confusing..they're asking for a
9 diameter, 1.5 inch high springform pan.

As for the twelve 12 inch long strips you cut, I'm not sure what they mean
by "12 inches wide".. I just made 12 fairly thin strips and threw em on.

- Scott