Pastry Gal

Default Gringerbread House Dough Receipes

I'm making some large (12"x20"x16") houses and have found that in
damp, rainy weather, the gingerbread pieces seem to absorb moisture
from the air and end up being soft. When I construct a house, the
pieces are exposed to the environment, and sometimes pieces start to
cave in. The recipe I'm using is AP flour, salt & spices mixed into
heated margarine, light corn syrup & brown sugar. Does any one have
any suggestions??
Thanks,
Pastry Gal
Vox Humana

"Pastry Gal" > wrote in message
om...
> I'm making some large (12"x20"x16") houses and have found that in
> damp, rainy weather, the gingerbread pieces seem to absorb moisture
> from the air and end up being soft. When I construct a house, the
> pieces are exposed to the environment, and sometimes pieces start to
> cave in. The recipe I'm using is AP flour, salt & spices mixed into
> heated margarine, light corn syrup & brown sugar. Does any one have
> any suggestions??
> Thanks,
> Pastry Gal

Brown sugar attracts moisture. If you aren't going to eat the creations,
you could try sealing the pieces on all sides with a matt polyurethane.

stevie

or you could put it in a air proof box