Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Had to share! Frankfurter Kranz - German Layer Cake withButtercream Filling

On Thursday, November 2, 2000 at 3:18:13 AM UTC+1, JBX wrote:
> Hi Doris,
>
> Thanks for the tip. It sounds like that will cut the prep time in half!
>
> Michelle
>

> Doris Walter > wrote in message
> >

> > JBX schrieb:
> >
> > > This is expensive, extremely fattening and a major undertaking, but well
> > > worth the effort. Hope you folks like it.
> > >
> > > Frankfurter Kranz
> > > Layer cake with butter cream filling and praline topping
> > >
> > > Filling
> > >
> > > 10 egg yolks at room temperature
> > > 1 lb. Unsalted butter (4 sticks), softened
> > > 1 1/3 c. sugar
> > > 1/8 tsp. Cream of tartar
> > > 2/3 c. water
> > > ˝ c. rum
> > >
> > > Beat egg yolks in a.............

> > Hi my name is Doris and i am german!
> >
> > I have a easier recipe for the Filling:
> >
> > Einfache Buttercreme (easy buttercream)
> >
> > Cook one pck. Vanilla-Pudding (1 ltr. milk, i think that was 16 oz or 4

> cups),
> > and let it cool, watching that no "skin" is on the pudding.
> >
> > Cream the butter (1lb. is ok) until it is light and fluffy. Beat the

> pudding in
> > the butter, on tbsp. at a time.
> >
> > You can changed the taste, when you take Chocolatepudding or Strawberry..
> >
> > Sorry for my bad english
> >
> > Greetings from Germany
> >
> > doris

i have successfully made the Dr Oetke recipe version of this many many times and i will give you all one important tip. The butter and the pudding must be exactly the same temperature before you mix them together or it will not make a good buttercream, it will curdle.... Good luck!

Layer Cake Pans Frank103 General Cooking 7 16-08-2006 03:30 PM
Chocolate Layer Cake Duckie Recipes (moderated) 0 20-09-2004 01:46 PM
layer cake noorizanmm Baking 0 27-08-2004 04:38 AM
Coconut Layer Cake Beth Martin Recipes (moderated) 0 21-05-2004 05:40 AM
Caramel seven layer cake Joysjones General Cooking 2 19-11-2003 07:46 PM