paula

Default question about Martha S.

thankyou all for answering my query about the cookie sales. now for
another question.Late last night ( 2am. actually) i caught the back
end of an american news show. All i heard was that martha S. was
facing a possible 20-30 year jail sentence if found guilty !!!!! Now
through this group i have gathered that martha has her own t.v. show,
(although i do not know what kind of a show it is ) but what on earth
has she done to earn this. please enlighten me. thanks.
Reg

paula wrote:

> thankyou all for answering my query about the cookie sales. now for
> another question.Late last night ( 2am. actually) i caught the back
> end of an american news show. All i heard was that martha S. was
> facing a possible 20-30 year jail sentence if found guilty !!!!! Now
> through this group i have gathered that martha has her own t.v. show,
> (although i do not know what kind of a show it is ) but what on earth
> has she done to earn this. please enlighten me. thanks.

http://www.cnn.com/

wesley

On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:39:41 -0800, paula wrote:

> thankyou all for answering my query about the cookie sales. now for
> another question.Late last night ( 2am. actually) i caught the back
> end of an american news show. All i heard was that martha S. was
> facing a possible 20-30 year jail sentence if found guilty !!!!! Now
> through this group i have gathered that martha has her own t.v. show,
> (although i do not know what kind of a show it is ) but what on earth
> has she done to earn this. please enlighten me. thanks.

She is charged with "insider trading" of a public stock. That is
illegal. Martha should know - she used to be a stockbroker. (The charge of
defrauding investors in her own company was dismissed yesterday. That was
a very weak charge that I'm surprised prosecutors ever brought. However,
the insider trading charge remains and also carries serious penalties.)

As they say, "if you can't do the time, don't do the crime." Only time
will tell if the jury finds her guilty.

Vox Humana

"wesley" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:39:41 -0800, paula wrote:
>
> > thankyou all for answering my query about the cookie sales. now for
> > another question.Late last night ( 2am. actually) i caught the back
> > end of an american news show. All i heard was that martha S. was
> > facing a possible 20-30 year jail sentence if found guilty !!!!! Now
> > through this group i have gathered that martha has her own t.v. show,
> > (although i do not know what kind of a show it is ) but what on earth
> > has she done to earn this. please enlighten me. thanks.

> She is charged with "insider trading" of a public stock. That is
> illegal.

Actually, she wasn't charged with insider trading. She was charged with
obstruction of justice, making false statmentments, another charge related
to covering up her alleged illegal stock transaction. In addition, she was
charged with securities fraud because she proclaimed her innocence and that
supposedly was an attempt to boost stock prices in her company (which she is
a major stock holder.) Friday, the judge dismissed the securities fraud
charge because "no reasonable juror could have convicted her." This is a
case where the cover-up was worse than the crime. It also goes to show that
being cooperative and making statements of any kind is often not in your
best interest, even if you aren't guilty of a crime.

Vox Humana

"wesley" > wrote in message
news
> On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:39:41 -0800, paula wrote:
>
> > thankyou all for answering my query about the cookie sales. now for
> > another question.Late last night ( 2am. actually) i caught the back
> > end of an american news show. All i heard was that martha S. was
> > facing a possible 20-30 year jail sentence if found guilty !!!!! Now
> > through this group i have gathered that martha has her own t.v. show,
> > (although i do not know what kind of a show it is ) but what on earth
> > has she done to earn this. please enlighten me. thanks.

> She is charged with "insider trading" of a public stock. That is
> illegal.

Actually, she wasn't charged with insider trading. She was charged with
obstruction of justice, making false statements, another charge related
to covering up her alleged illegal stock transaction. In addition, she was
charged with securities fraud because she proclaimed her innocence and that
supposedly was an attempt to boost stock prices in her company (which she is
a major stock holder.) Friday, the judge dismissed the securities fraud
charge because "no reasonable juror could have convicted her." This is a
case where the cover-up was worse than the crime. It also goes to show that
being cooperative and making statements of any kind is often not in your
best interest, even if you aren't guilty of a crime.

H. W. Hans Kuntze

Andrew Hardy wrote:

>"Vox Humana" > wrote:
>

>>It also goes to show that
>>being cooperative and making statements of any kind is often not in your
>>best interest, even if you aren't guilty of a crime.
>>

>The entire case appears to be a "case of persecution" rather than a "case of
>prosecution". I would hope that Martha Stewart is found innocent. Sad how
>you can NOT lie to the investigators...but they can lie all they want to you.

You deserve to be invested in WallStreet, up to the hilt. :-D

--
Grue$$e.

C=¦-)§ H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
" Strive for excellence in your life & reject being a doormat to others. Serve God. "
http://www.cmcchef.com , chef[AT]cmcchef.com
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/

Eric Jorgensen

On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 13:26:45 GMT
Andrew Hardy > wrote:

> "H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote:
>

> >You deserve to be invested in WallStreet, up to the hilt. :-D

> And we have since 1968. Over the entire history of the "stock
> market", growth has been stellar.
>
> Although we don't have any Martha stock, WMT, LOW, and BUD have done
> pretty good.
>
> Martha MSO deserves to be looking into. The stock was a good buy in
> 2002 and now has tripled. Personally, I am getting ready to dump
> HD.

Since i take all my finance advice from random usenet postings, I'm in
full agreement.
The Old Bear

Eric Jorgensen > writes:

>From: Eric Jorgensen >
>Newsgroups: rec.food.baking
>Subject: question about Martha S.
>Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 07:28:20 -0700
>
>Andrew Hardy > wrote:
> >
> > "H. W. Hans Kuntze" > wrote:
> > >
> > >You deserve to be invested in WallStreet, up to the hilt. :-D

> > And we have since 1968. Over the entire history of the "stock
> > market", growth has been stellar.
> >
> > Although we don't have any Martha stock, WMT, LOW, and BUD
> > have donepretty good.
> >
> > Martha MSO deserves to be looking into. The stock was a good
> > buy in 2002 and now has tripled. Personally, I am getting
> > ready to dump HD.

> Since i take all my finance advice from random usenet postings,
> I'm in full agreement.

Gosh, Eric, isn't that kind of unnecessary when you get all those
free OTC stock tips emailed to you by anonymous spammers?

Just posting in usenet occassionally should get you enough stock
recommendations for a full portfolio plan.

Cheers,
The Old Bear

um,eh, Martha! elaine General Cooking 6 04-03-2006 05:53 AM
Martha's out... BOB General Cooking 56 11-03-2005 08:24 PM
How to eat Martha Stewart No One General Cooking 0 10-03-2005 10:47 PM
Martha - I'll miss you. WardNA General Cooking 19 16-03-2004 05:21 AM
My Martha question Julia Altshuler General Cooking 19 11-03-2004 08:05 AM