FoodBanter.com

-   -   Blowouts (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/423144-blowouts.html)

Treasure 05-03-2013 01:20 AM

Blowouts

I am having problems with blowouts in my hoagie rolls. The hoagies that I use are sent in and I proof them all night on five channel pans on a rack covered in plastic. Then in the morning I proof them at room temperature, score them and then bake them.

I am really just puzzled it seems no matter what I do they blowout. Not all of them but many more than are acceptable. I have tried scoring deeper and baking twice the size and they blow out. I let them rise fuller and then they touch and are not supposed to. I know that it is possible because I have seen others do it.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Treasure

JanetPelle 24-04-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Treasure (Post 1818722)
I am having problems with blowouts in my hoagie rolls. The hoagies that I use are sent in and I proof them all night on five channel pans on a rack covered in plastic. Then in the morning I proof them at room temperature, score them and then bake them.

I am really just puzzled it seems no matter what I do they blowout. Not all of them but many more than are acceptable. I have tried scoring deeper and baking twice the size and they blow out. I let them rise fuller and then they touch and are not supposed to. I know that it is possible because I have seen others do it.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Treasure

Are you coating them with an egg wash?