Member

Red face Top 5 local dessert that you have best eaten

Hi! I'm sheenalyn, and this is my first post.

Well, for me my top 5 local dessert that I have eaten were the following :
1. Bibingka or Rice Cake
2. Leche Flan
3. Puto (Steamed Rice Cake)
4. Sapin - Sapin (Steamed Sweet Rice Pie)
5. Turon (Banana Lumpia)
Which I really enjoyed it together with drinks, ofcourse.

How about you? What are your top 5 local dessert?
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

What is local? Would help to have some geography back ground here. I have phobias about any kind of sweet rice concoction since some of us po folks had to eat the nasty stuff with cream and sugar for breakfast back in the good old days when oatmeal was not in the family budget. I can look at rice pudding and start heaving. Best local dessert around here is the Warden's Chocolate Meringue Pie made with Coco. That will blow Aunt Myrtle's Dress up over her head. A full grown person can eat two in a single sitting. Should go well with hooch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenx View Post
Hi! I'm sheenalyn, and this is my first post.

Well, for me my top 5 local dessert that I have eaten were the following :
1. Bibingka or Rice Cake
2. Leche Flan
3. Puto (Steamed Rice Cake)
4. Sapin - Sapin (Steamed Sweet Rice Pie)
5. Turon (Banana Lumpia)
Which I really enjoyed it together with drinks, ofcourse.

How about you? What are your top 5 local dessert?

Last edited by bigwheel : 05-03-2013 at 01:44 AM
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
What is local? Would help to have some geography back ground here. I have phobias about any kind of sweet rice concoction since some of us po folks had to eat the nasty stuff with cream and sugar for breakfast back in the good old days when oatmeal was not in the family budget. I can look at rice pudding and start heaving. Best local dessert around here is the Warden's Chocolate Meringue Pie made with Coco. That will blow Aunt Myrtle's Dress up over her head. A full grown person can eat two in a single sitting. Should go well with hooch.
chocolate brownies, homemade ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, layer cakes and fruit pies are my favourtes desserts.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindy Adams View Post
chocolate brownies, homemade ice cream, chocolate chip cookies, layer cakes and fruit pies are my favourtes desserts.
Something traditional like Apple Crumble