Default strawberry coffee cake

Lost a recipe I wanted to try and wondered if someone out there might
have it. The only things I can remember

It came from a bed and breakfast
It contained 10 oz.of frozen strawberrys
it used baking powder
Baking time was 1hr. and 10 minutes.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> Lost a recipe I wanted to try and wondered if someone out there might
> have it. The only things I can remember
>
> It came from a bed and breakfast
> It contained 10 oz.of frozen strawberrys
> it used baking powder
> Baking time was 1hr. and 10 minutes.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.

Do you know where you got the recipe -- newsgroup, website, cookbook,
magazine ....?

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> Lost a recipe I wanted to try and wondered if someone out there might
> have it. The only things I can remember
>
> It came from a bed and breakfast
> It contained 10 oz.of frozen strawberrys
> it used baking powder
> Baking time was 1hr. and 10 minutes.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.

Do you know where you got the recipe -- newsgroup, website, cookbook,
magazine ....?

got it from a magazine but have no idea which one.

got it from a magazine but have no idea which one.

qahtan

Is this it ????????????????
Strawberry Coffee Cake
a.. 1 c flour
b.. 2 T sugar
c.. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
d.. 1/2 tsp salt
e.. 1/4 c butter
f.. 1 egg beaten
g.. 1/3 c milk
h.. 1/2 of one 10 oz pkg frozen strawberries, thawed (1/2 cup)
i.. 1/4 c orange marmalade
j.. 1/4 c sugar
k.. 3 T flour
l.. 1/4 c butter

Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in 1/4 c butter till crumbly.

Mix egg and milk and add to dry ingredients. Stir just till moistened.
Spread in 8x8x2" baking pan

Blend undrained berries with marmalade. Spoon over batter. Mix remaining 1/4
c sugar, 3 T flour and cut in 1/4 c butter till crumbly. Sprinkle on top of
batter

Bake 375° 30-35 minutes

Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan

> wrote in message
> Lost a recipe I wanted to try and wondered if someone out there might
> have it. The only things I can remember
>
> It came from a bed and breakfast
> It contained 10 oz.of frozen strawberrys
> it used baking powder
> Baking time was 1hr. and 10 minutes.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.

qahtan

Is this it ????????????????
Strawberry Coffee Cake
a.. 1 c flour
b.. 2 T sugar
c.. 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
d.. 1/2 tsp salt
e.. 1/4 c butter
f.. 1 egg beaten
g.. 1/3 c milk
h.. 1/2 of one 10 oz pkg frozen strawberries, thawed (1/2 cup)
i.. 1/4 c orange marmalade
j.. 1/4 c sugar
k.. 3 T flour
l.. 1/4 c butter

Combine flour, sugar, and baking powder. Cut in 1/4 c butter till crumbly.

Mix egg and milk and add to dry ingredients. Stir just till moistened.
Spread in 8x8x2" baking pan

Blend undrained berries with marmalade. Spoon over batter. Mix remaining 1/4
c sugar, 3 T flour and cut in 1/4 c butter till crumbly. Sprinkle on top of
batter

Bake 375° 30-35 minutes

Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan

> wrote in message
> Lost a recipe I wanted to try and wondered if someone out there might
> have it. The only things I can remember
>
> It came from a bed and breakfast
> It contained 10 oz.of frozen strawberrys
> it used baking powder
> Baking time was 1hr. and 10 minutes.
>
> Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks, but it is not as I faintly recall it.

Thanks, but it is not as I faintly recall it.

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> Thanks, but it is not as I faintly recall it.

I recommend that you do a Google search on "strawberry coffee cake recipe"
You will find many. You can browse them and see if one looks familiar.

did just that but had no luck. thanks

did just that but had no luck. thanks

Vox Humana

> wrote in message
> did just that but had no luck. thanks

Can you narrow it down to a subset of magazine. For instance, was it a
magazine that you subscribe to or did you find it in a waiting room?

It was from a magazine i subscribe to but cannot remember which one.Went
through some back issues of all my
magazines to no avail.Next time I will be smarter -I'll tear out the
page.

Thanks again but it's just not worth the time and effort. I'm going to
experiment and see what happens.I am a retired chemist and my entire
adult life work was Experimenting,