FoodBanter.com

-   -   What's your fave gluten-free flour? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/421189-whats-your-fave-gluten.html)

wine chef 18-11-2012 05:09 PM

What's your fave gluten-free flour?

I'm not gluten-free per se, but have heard a lot about different flavors and textures coming from all sorts of base flours that happen to be gluten-free. Each is used differently with varied results using various techniques of blending with other flours -- even adjusting the yeast and moisture holding elements of the recipe. Any thoughts good bad or ugly on the topic?

goodfood 29-05-2013 06:09 AM

First, as you may know, flour is made by grinding grains, legumes, nuts, or seeds into a fine powder. When these substances are ground into coarse powders, the result is referred to as "meal" rather than "flour." The flours we are most familiar with are made from wheat, which is off-limits on the gluten-free diet.