Reg

Default No one to eat what I bake

Scott Danzig wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago. Often
> I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut
> brittle, etc etc. I only see my friends so often and I can't keep stuffing
> cookies down their throats, despite the rave reviews they give them.
> Everyone at work is rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee shop to
> sell the stuff in. I was even thinking of donating the desserts somewhere,
> but I have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep kosher,
> so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't want to throw any
> of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my unsung
> confections?

Try your local firehouse. These are hungry people, and they deserve
anything we can give them.

Scott Danzig

"Reg" > wrote in message
. com...

> Try your local firehouse. These are hungry people, and they deserve
> anything we can give them.
>
> Reg email: RegForte (at) (that free MS email service) (dot) com

Good idea. I'll call the department up tomorrow to arrange the drop off

- Scott

Reg

Scott Danzig wrote:

> Good idea. I'll call the department up tomorrow to arrange the drop off

Good deal my friend. You'll be glad you did.

Kim Grauballe

"Reg" > wrote in message
. com...
> Scott Danzig wrote:
>
> > Good idea. I'll call the department up tomorrow to arrange the drop off

> Good deal my friend. You'll be glad you did.

Never more so, than on the day the neighbours call them, because you've gone
shopping and forgottten a batch of cookies in the oven.

Scott Danzig

"Kim Grauballe" > wrote in message
k...

> "Reg" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Scott Danzig wrote:
> >
> > > Good idea. I'll call the department up tomorrow to arrange the drop

off

> > Good deal my friend. You'll be glad you did.
> >

> Never more so, than on the day the neighbours call them, because you've

gone
> shopping and forgottten a batch of cookies in the oven.

Funny.

- Scott

Scott Danzig

"Reg" > wrote in message
. com...
> Scott Danzig wrote:
>
> > Good idea. I'll call the department up tomorrow to arrange the drop off

> Good deal my friend. You'll be glad you did.

Well, I braved the possible Martha Stewart jokes and donated the cookies n'
turtle bars to the firemen. The captain stomps over with his big furry
moustache and goes, "MMMMMMMMM, cookies..." and proceeded to munch on one
while the others dove in, thanking me, and a couple of em just looked at me
strangely. Interesting experience.

- Scott

Lawrence Gilburtson

welllllll.you are welcom eto mail them here.lol......I promise not to look
at you strangely.....In fact, I may not even notice that you are there as I
munch happily away.....(i have an enormous sweet tooth and am genetically
unable to resist home baked sweets.....lol...
LG
"Scott Danzig" > wrote in message
> "Reg" > wrote in message
> . com...
> > Scott Danzig wrote:
> >
> > > Good idea. I'll call the department up tomorrow to arrange the drop

off

> > Good deal my friend. You'll be glad you did.

> Well, I braved the possible Martha Stewart jokes and donated the cookies

n'
> turtle bars to the firemen. The captain stomps over with his big furry
> moustache and goes, "MMMMMMMMM, cookies..." and proceeded to munch on one
> while the others dove in, thanking me, and a couple of em just looked at

me
> strangely. Interesting experience.
>
> - Scott

Wayne Boatwright

"Lawrence Gilburtson" > wrote in

> welllllll.you are welcom eto mail them here.lol......I promise not to
> look at you strangely.....In fact, I may not even notice that you are
> there as I munch happily away.....(i have an enormous sweet tooth and
> am genetically unable to resist home baked sweets.....lol...
> LG

A geneticist would have a field day with you! <G>

> "Scott Danzig" > wrote in message
>> "Reg" > wrote in message
>> . com...

> off
>> >
>> > Good deal my friend. You'll be glad you did.

>> Well, I braved the possible Martha Stewart jokes and donated the
>> cookies

> n'
>> turtle bars to the firemen. The captain stomps over with his big
>> furry moustache and goes, "MMMMMMMMM, cookies..." and proceeded to
>> munch on one while the others dove in, thanking me, and a couple of
>> em just looked at

> me
>> strangely. Interesting experience.
>>
>> - Scott

Dee Randall

"Scott Danzig" > wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago.

Often
> I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle

bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut
> brittle, etc etc. I only see my friends so often and I can't keep

stuffing
> cookies down their throats, despite the rave reviews they give them.
> Everyone at work is rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee shop to
> sell the stuff in. I was even thinking of donating the desserts

somewhere,
> but I have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep kosher,
> so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't want to throw

any
> of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my unsung
> confections?
>
> - Scott

Every community has a senior citizen center where people congregate and
donate their resources to things like driving others to doctors, doing small
repairs for others. I have only been to them as a donor, but I have seen
most are of the age that they probably are no longer baking. But they are
alert, play cards and seem to be having fun. I know this is a part of life
that young people can not appreciate yet, but a young person just entering
their premises ought to bring excitement, let alone one bringing gifts.

Dee

Nexis

"Scott Danzig" > wrote in message
> Hey all,
>
> I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago.

Often
> I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle

bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut
> brittle, etc etc. I only see my friends so often and I can't keep

stuffing
> cookies down their throats, despite the rave reviews they give them.
> Everyone at work is rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee shop to
> sell the stuff in. I was even thinking of donating the desserts

somewhere,
> but I have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep kosher,
> so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't want to throw

any
> of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my unsung
> confections?
>
> - Scott

Have you thought about finding a local soup kitchen type place and asking
there? They are often happy to receive such donations. Volunteer for local
bake sales too.

kimberly

Eric Jorgensen

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:20:05 -0800
"Nexis" > wrote:

> "Scott Danzig" > wrote in message
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago.

> Often
> > I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle

> bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut
> > brittle, etc etc. I only see my friends so often and I can't keep

> stuffing
> > cookies down their throats, despite the rave reviews they give them.
> > Everyone at work is rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee
> > shop to sell the stuff in. I was even thinking of donating the
> > desserts

> somewhere,
> > but I have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep
> > kosher, so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't
> > want to throw

> any
> > of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my unsung
> > confections?
> >
> > - Scott

> Have you thought about finding a local soup kitchen type place and
> asking there? They are often happy to receive such donations.
> Volunteer for local bake sales too.

It's worth a shot, but you might be surprised.

12 years ago in my pizza days, i ended up working under this manager
who, well, lets just say that she worked her way up through pizzahut
corporate management for 10 years until she could pull enough strings to
get someone to let her manage a store again. It probably never occurred
to her that corporate might have reasons to keep her out of the
storefront.

Everybody knows that one of the few perqs of working for a pizza joint
is free pizza. Nobody ever told her that.

So, she kept saying she was going to donate unclaimed pizza to a soup
kitchen / charity / whatever. What she ended up doing was letting them
rot in the fridge. Soup kitchens didn't want 'em. Shelters wouldn't
take 'em. they had varying silly reasons based on incomprehensible
policy or law or liability. She persisted in her quest, and there was no
free employee pizza.

It did not endear us to her.

Priss

I bring mine to work!

Priss

"Scott Danzig" > wrote in message >...
> Hey all,
>
> I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago. Often
> I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut
> brittle, etc etc. I only see my friends so often and I can't keep stuffing
> cookies down their throats, despite the rave reviews they give them.
> Everyone at work is rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee shop to
> sell the stuff in. I was even thinking of donating the desserts somewhere,
> but I have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep kosher,
> so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't want to throw any
> of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my unsung
> confections?
>
> - Scott

DRB

> "Scott Danzig" > wrote in message
> > Hey all,
> >
> > I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago.

Often
> > I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle

bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut
> > brittle, etc etc. I only see my friends so often and I can't keep

stuffing
> > cookies down their throats, despite the rave reviews they give them.
> > Everyone at work is rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee shop

> > sell the stuff in. I was even thinking of donating the desserts

somewhere,
> > but I have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep

kosher,
> > so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't want to throw

any
> > of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my unsung
> > confections?
> >
> > - Scott

How about neighbors? You don't even have to know them very well! Homemade
goodies are always a great way to break the ice. Or, like you said, donate,
such as to a food kitchen or a shelter.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "Scott Danzig"
> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago.
> Often I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle
> bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut brittle, etc etc. I only see my
> friends so often and I can't keep stuffing cookies down their
> throats, despite the rave reviews they give them. Everyone at work is
> rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee shop to sell the stuff
> in. I was even thinking of donating the desserts somewhere, but I
> have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep kosher,
> so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't want to
> throw any of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my
> unsung confections?
> - Scott

You're kidding, right? Neighbors. Your dry cleaner. Your car
mechanic. The folks at your local post office. Teachers at the local
elementary school. See your friends more frequently. EVERYONE at work
is weight conscious? Bring them for the folks who aren't, unless you
would be seen as undermining weight reduction efforts.

I know a woman who puts excess treats in a common area of her apartment
building with a note to help onesself. If I did that, I'd put a note
with them identifying myself so a partaker would know the source (I'm
thinking safety here, not accolades to the provider) of the goodies.

I plan to take over the world with my brownies -- I bring them to my car
mechanic every time I'm in for a service call. They give me a discount.
:-)
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!

Carolyn Brown

I also do a ot of baking and I have found that the Senior Residences
appreciate the donation of my baked goods--why not give it a try?

Reg

Carolyn Brown wrote:

> I also do a ot of baking and I have found that the Senior Residences
> appreciate the donation of my baked goods--why not give it a try?

I had somewhat of a problem with Senior Centers. Some have a policy that
the food must come from a certified kitchen and/or other constraints.
The Firefighters, on the other hand, ask no questions and cheerfully
eat everything I give them

Mintee

Scott Danzig wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago. Often
> I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut
> brittle, etc etc. I only see my friends so often and I can't keep stuffing
> cookies down their throats, despite the rave reviews they give them.
> Everyone at work is rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee shop to
> sell the stuff in. I was even thinking of donating the desserts somewhere,
> but I have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep kosher,
> so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't want to throw any
> of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my unsung
> confections?
>
> - Scott

I bet a homeless or women's shelter would be delighted with them.

Mintee
Food Prospector

I have developed a wonderful solution.

I give a live cooking show at my local Alzheimer's Day Care once a week.
They love the snacks and I get a challenge. I adapt recipes to sugarless. I
use the oven in a room next door and otherwise bring a portable gas stove
and electronics. The 'class' is like a tea and coffee break and we all have
loads of fun.

Kim, Merritt Island, FL

news