Old 03-03-2004, 12:59 AM
Carolyn Brown

Default No one to eat what I bake

I also do a ot of baking and I have found that the Senior Residences
appreciate the donation of my baked goods--why not give it a try?

Old 03-03-2004, 01:23 AM
Reg

Carolyn Brown wrote:

I also do a ot of baking and I have found that the Senior Residences
appreciate the donation of my baked goods--why not give it a try?

I had somewhat of a problem with Senior Centers. Some have a policy that
the food must come from a certified kitchen and/or other constraints.
The Firefighters, on the other hand, ask no questions and cheerfully
eat everything I give them

Old 03-03-2004, 05:01 AM
Mintee

Scott Danzig wrote:

Hey all,

I took up cooking and baking when I moved out on my own 3 years ago. Often
I'll experiment with cookies/brownies/turtle bars/cheesecakes/fudges/peanut
brittle, etc etc. I only see my friends so often and I can't keep stuffing
cookies down their throats, despite the rave reviews they give them.
Everyone at work is rather weight conscious. I don't own a coffee shop to
sell the stuff in. I was even thinking of donating the desserts somewhere,
but I have no idea where to ask. I'm not religious and don't keep kosher,
so I guess the local synagogue is out. I certainly don't want to throw any
of it away. What are some ideas of what I can do with my unsung
confections?

- Scott

I bet a homeless or women's shelter would be delighted with them.

Mintee
Old 07-03-2004, 01:18 AM
Food Prospector

I have developed a wonderful solution.

I give a live cooking show at my local Alzheimer's Day Care once a week.
They love the snacks and I get a challenge. I adapt recipes to sugarless. I
use the oven in a room next door and otherwise bring a portable gas stove
and electronics. The 'class' is like a tea and coffee break and we all have
loads of fun.

Kim, Merritt Island, FL

"Reg" wrote in message
news