FoodBanter.com

-   -   Frozen bread dough logistics plz (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/418868-frozen-bread-dough-logistics.html)

Kalmia 15-07-2012 12:07 AM

Frozen bread dough logistics plz

Many's the day I wish I had some dough in the freezer when I can see
that I'm almost out of rolls. Making and freezing the dough is a
breeze, thanks to a fave recipe and my ABM. My question is..... how
long should that dough thaw and/or rise before it's oven ready? Is it
OK to split the frozen dough into smaller portions, once it'll yield
to a sharp knife?

Thanks.

francomcdaddy 01-08-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalmia (Post 1757492)
Many's the day I wish I had some dough in the freezer when I can see
that I'm almost out of rolls. Making and freezing the dough is a
breeze, thanks to a fave recipe and my ABM. My question is..... how
long should that dough thaw and/or rise before it's oven ready? Is it
OK to split the frozen dough into smaller portions, once it'll yield
to a sharp knife?

Thanks.

Dough thaw out alot faster than meat, it depends on the size of the dough and room temperature. 2/3 hours would be my take on it. I'd leave it all defrost before i'd cut it into smaller pieces.