Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Caribbean Chocolate Chip Cookies

On Wednesday, 14 December 2011 02:10:13 UTC, lilchuff11 wrote:
> Prepare some tantalizing chocolate chip cookies with a Caribbean
> twist.
>
> 1 cup of flour
> 1/2 tsp. of salt
> 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
> 1/2 cup of butter
> 1 large egg
> 1 tsp. of vanilla essence
> 1 cup of chocolate chips
> 5 tbsp. of granulated sugar
> 1/2 cup of cashew nuts
>
> 1. Combine salt, baking soda and flour.
>
> 2. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
>
> 3. Beat in egg and vanilla essence.
>
> 4. Add flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
>
> 5. Stir in chocolate chips and cashew nuts.
>
> 6. Drop by teaspoons 2″ apart on a greased baking sheet and bake
> at 375 degrees F (preheated) for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned.
>

> --
> lilchuff11

thank 4 recipie am gonna try it but i dont get the carribean twist theres nothing jamacian about recipie that i can see

Member

They sound gorgeous, I might try using cashew nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
[...]

Banned

Location: London, UK

Sounds good - will give this a go this week