Anna

Default Buttered Popcorn Bread

Buttered Popcorn Bread

1-1/4 cups water
3 tablespoons unsalted butter
2-1/2 cups bread flour
2-1/2 cups popcorn flour - *See note
2 teaspoons vital wheat gluten
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt - less if your popcorn is really salty
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
2-1/2 teaspoons yeast

Place all the ingredients in the pan according to the order in the
manufacturer's instructions. Set crust on medium and program for the
Basic cycle - press start.
When I made this bread, I used the dough cycle - After the dough had
risen, I shaped it into a loaf, let it rise for about 35 minutes, and
then baked it in a 350° preheated oven for about 30 to 35 minutes. It
was surprisingly tasty!

Note:
To make popcorn flour. Make a popcorn you'd like to snack on (I used
Orville Redenbacher's Corn on the Cob microwave popcorn). Allow it to
cool and then process in a food processor or blender until it is a
flour.

Hot Buttered Rum notbob General Cooking 2 13-11-2014 09:43 PM
Hot Buttered Rum golfstar2006 General Cooking 8 15-12-2009 11:34 PM
That buttery aroma might be toxic, too: Common chemical in popcorn at center of concern [Scout popcorn OK] Fred Goodwin, CMA General Cooking 0 06-09-2007 10:52 PM
Popcorn Bread Buttered Tim Recipes 0 20-06-2005 12:28 PM
buttered tea Natarajan Krishnaswami Tea 3 28-12-2003 03:27 AM