Posted to rec.food.baking

Default spray oil and bake = fry?

Instead of frying, if I were to spray with a light coating of oil and
then bake in an oven or convection oven, would this produce a result
similar to frying? I am trying to find a lower-fat alternative to
frying which would produce a similar result. Any item, could be french
fries, chicken, etc.
thanks
Posted to rec.food.baking
isw isw is offline

In article
Filip Houdek > wrote:

> Instead of frying, if I were to spray with a light coating of oil and
> then bake in an oven or convection oven, would this produce a result
> similar to frying? I am trying to find a lower-fat alternative to
> frying which would produce a similar result. Any item, could be french
> fries, chicken, etc.

"Similar" maybe -- depending on how picky you are. Frying makes use of
the very high heat transfer capability of a liquid (the oil), which
baking, which transfers heat through air, can't begin to match.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.baking

On May 12, 11:50*am, Filip Houdek > wrote:
> Instead of frying, if I were to spray with a light coating of oil and
> then bake in an oven or convection oven, would this produce a result
> similar to frying? I am trying to find a lower-fat alternative to
> frying which would produce a similar result. Any item, could be french
> fries, chicken, etc.
> thanks

NOPE
Member

It is best guidence
i will try this must
__________________
remodeling contractors

Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip Houdek View Post
Instead of frying, if I were to spray with a light coating of oil and
then bake in an oven or convection oven, would this produce a result
similar to frying? I am trying to find a lower-fat alternative to
frying which would produce a similar result. Any item, could be french
fries, chicken, etc.
thanks
You can use microwave oven to roast meat like pork. The crispiness of the pork's skin and tenderness of the meat inside is really good. The oil are removed when you roast it unlike frying, oil is added to the meat. You can also use non-stick frying pan for eggs. Just spray a little oil then put the egg and add some salt. The taste is similar when you fry it.
Member

No doubt its best and superb formula at all
i really like it
used car