FoodBanter.com

-   -   spray oil and bake = fry? (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/407423-spray-oil-bake-fry.html)

Filip Houdek 12-05-2011 04:50 AM

spray oil and bake = fry?

Instead of frying, if I were to spray with a light coating of oil and
then bake in an oven or convection oven, would this produce a result
similar to frying? I am trying to find a lower-fat alternative to
frying which would produce a similar result. Any item, could be french
fries, chicken, etc.
thanks

isw 12-05-2011 05:41 AM

spray oil and bake = fry?

In article
Filip Houdek > wrote:

> Instead of frying, if I were to spray with a light coating of oil and
> then bake in an oven or convection oven, would this produce a result
> similar to frying? I am trying to find a lower-fat alternative to
> frying which would produce a similar result. Any item, could be french
> fries, chicken, etc.

"Similar" maybe -- depending on how picky you are. Frying makes use of
the very high heat transfer capability of a liquid (the oil), which
baking, which transfers heat through air, can't begin to match.

Isaac

Chembake 17-05-2011 07:49 AM

spray oil and bake = fry?

On May 12, 11:50*am, Filip Houdek > wrote:
> Instead of frying, if I were to spray with a light coating of oil and
> then bake in an oven or convection oven, would this produce a result
> similar to frying? I am trying to find a lower-fat alternative to
> frying which would produce a similar result. Any item, could be french
> fries, chicken, etc.
> thanks

NOPE

bishoo.devendra 26-05-2011 09:16 AM

It is best guidence
i will try this must

Zara M 08-08-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Filip Houdek (Post 1614069)
Instead of frying, if I were to spray with a light coating of oil and
then bake in an oven or convection oven, would this produce a result
similar to frying? I am trying to find a lower-fat alternative to
frying which would produce a similar result. Any item, could be french
fries, chicken, etc.
thanks

You can use microwave oven to roast meat like pork. The crispiness of the pork's skin and tenderness of the meat inside is really good. The oil are removed when you roast it unlike frying, oil is added to the meat. You can also use non-stick frying pan for eggs. Just spray a little oil then put the egg and add some salt. The taste is similar when you fry it.

joe_sampson21 15-08-2011 11:58 AM

No doubt its best and superb formula at all
i really like it