FoodBanter.com

-   -   Class pastry recipe (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/403470-class-pastry-recipe.html)

Genevieve 21-12-2010 11:02 AM

Class pastry recipe

Hi friends,

Class pastry recipe
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt (you can use less if you wish)
1 cup shortening
1 cup ice water

using pastry cutter or fork cut in shortening to flour until it looks like corn meal. blend in up to the one cup ICE water until the dough forms in middle of bowl and isn't sticky. Chill 30 or more minutes. Roll one third to make 8 or 9-inch bottom crust. Roll about 1/12 to make empanadas or fried pies. Store any left over dough in ziplock baggie with air removed in either fridge for a month or in freezer for 6 months.

james_kellen21 29-04-2011 08:07 AM

best recipe you have shared
I like this....

jimmyleo 30-05-2011 05:43 PM

I used to think making pastry is a complicated job but it sounds easy, i love pastries especially when it is a chocolate flavored pastry.. Ummm Yummy!

Cool212 31-05-2011 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmyleo (Post 1620410)
I used to think making pastry is a complicated job but it sounds easy, i love pastries especially when it is a chocolate flavored pastry.. Ummm Yummy!

yup, its great! :)

foodbite 31-05-2011 01:58 PM

There is also a pastry recipe here, adding dried herbs to the pastry mix for extra depth and flavour

Chicken & Vegetable Pie with Chips

which has the rest of the ingredients and method to make a delicious chicken pie with homemade chips, enjoy!