Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Cornstarch in Conf. Sugar

Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch? Is
this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.
sugar, or is it "no big deal"?

Member

Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch? Is
this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 11:13:47 +0000, KEITH.MAX
> wrote:

> Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch?

Yes.

> Is this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.

If you're following a decent recipe, you won't need to make any
adjustments - if that's what you want to know.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.
Posted to rec.food.baking

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch? Is
> this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.
> sugar, or is it "no big deal"?

IMO, "no big deal." AFAIK, they all contain a bit - I believe it has to
do with preventing caking.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
Member

How about looking for an office administration job for an aviation company?

Posted to rec.food.baking

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch? Is
> this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.
> sugar, or is it "no big deal"?

IMO, the latter. :-)

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella
"Always in a jam, never in a stew; sometimes in a pickle."
Pepparkakor particulars posted 11-29-2010;
http://web.me.com/barbschaller
Member

If it's not too late yet and someone's up for it, I'd love to make a collab entry. And great job to everyone as well, lots of fantastic works from this event.