FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cornstarch in Conf. Sugar (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/402778-cornstarch-conf-sugar.html)

Kalmia 29-11-2010 11:57 PM

Cornstarch in Conf. Sugar

Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch? Is
this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.
sugar, or is it "no big deal"?

KEITH.MAX 01-12-2010 11:13 AM

sf[_9_] 08-12-2010 03:45 AM

Cornstarch in Conf. Sugar

On Wed, 1 Dec 2010 11:13:47 +0000, KEITH.MAX
> wrote:

> Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch?

Yes.

> Is this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.

If you're following a decent recipe, you won't need to make any
adjustments - if that's what you want to know.

--

Never trust a dog to watch your food.

Melba's Jammin' 28-12-2010 12:49 AM

Cornstarch in Conf. Sugar

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch? Is
> this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.
> sugar, or is it "no big deal"?

IMO, "no big deal." AFAIK, they all contain a bit - I believe it has to
do with preventing caking.

--
Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
Holy Order of the Sacred Sisters of St. Pectina of Jella

Jemmi Anderson 29-12-2010 06:54 AM

How about looking for an office administration job for an aviation company?

Melba's Jammin' 11-01-2011 01:32 AM

Cornstarch in Conf. Sugar

In article
Kalmia > wrote:

> Do virtually all brands of confectioners sugar contain cornstarch? Is
> this something to be aware of when a recipe simply calls for conf.
> sugar, or is it "no big deal"?

IMO, the latter. :-)

beendala 15-02-2011 08:06 AM

If it's not too late yet and someone's up for it, I'd love to make a collab entry. And great job to everyone as well, lots of fantastic works from this event.