Posted to rec.food.baking

Default Sweet Potato Cake

Hi!

I am looking for a sweet potato cake recipe, with Yogurt as one of
the ingredients! This particular cake is a favorite among my family
and friends. Help

Thanks
AnitaS
Posted to rec.food.baking

On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 05:32:11 -0700 (PDT), Queenella
> wrote:

>Hi!
>
>I am looking for a sweet potato cake recipe, with Yogurt as one of
>the ingredients! This particular cake is a favorite among my family
>and friends. Help
>
>Thanks
>AnitaS

Sweet Potato Pie

Prep Time: 10 min
Inactive Prep Time:
--
Cook Time: 1 hr 15 min

Level: Easy

Serves: 1 (9-inch) pie

Ingredients

* 1 pound 3 ounces sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
* 1 1/4 cups plain yogurt
* 3/4 cup packed, dark brown sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
* 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
* 5 egg yolks
* Salt
* 1 (9-inch) deep dish, frozen pie shell
* 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
* 1 tablespoon maple syrup
*
* Special equipment: steamer basket

Directions

Put cubed potatoes into steamer basket and place steamer basket into a
large pot of simmering water that is no closer than 2 inches from the
bottom of basket. Allow to steam for 20 minutes or until the potatoes
are fork tender. Mash with potato masher and set aside.

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

Place sweet potatoes in the bowl of a stand mixer and beat with the
paddle attachment. Add yogurt, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, yolks,
and salt, to taste, and beat until well combined. Pour this batter
into the pie shell and place onto a sheet pan. Sprinkle pecans on top
and drizzle with maple syrup.

Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until the custard reaches 165 to 180
degrees. Remove from oven and cool. Keep refrigerated after cooling.
Member

Send a message via Yahoo to kattima
Post

I made it super easy last week!

2 sweet potatoes, peeled, boiled, pureed in blender or food processor
1 T brown sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
2 *softenend packages cream cheese
2 eggs
Dash nutmeg, 2 dashes cinnamon

Mix above together with a mixer, briefly (don't over whip).

Pour that into a ready-made graham cracker crust.

Put in a water bath and bake in 350 oven for 1 hour. Open oven door and turn oven off. Leave cake in the oven. In another hour, take cake out and put in fridge for at least 3 hours or MORE! before serving.
__________________
Budget hotels in chennai | Ooty
Member

I made this cake for the Memorial Day holiday, and I can say that it was really good. Gone before the day was up. It seemed a little too thick, so I added milk.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenella View Post
Hi!

I am looking for a sweet potato cake recipe, with Yogurt as one of
the ingredients! This particular cake is a favorite among my family
and friends. Help

Thanks
AnitaS
These recipes sound great...may have to give a go at it for thanks giving...

Member

i like this cake
i have made this cake at home
so tasty cake
__________________
euifax
lendintree
Member

This cake is real yum i tried many times everyone liked it
Member

Location: USA

Thanks for sharing recipe of sweet potato cake....I have made it on my son's birthday and every one liked it so much.
I have become a fan of this forum now as there so many different recipes can found here.
Member

this is best recipe
i like this and will make must .
__________________
electric cigarette
Member

I like potato
it is my favorite,I will try this recipe must
Thanks for sharing such a nice recipe
Restaurant Leeds

Sweet Potato Corn Cake Mike Muth General Cooking 5 12-09-2013 06:14 AM
sweet potato cake KROM Diabetic 2 23-07-2010 12:52 AM
White Chocolate Sweet Potato Cake Chef Tamara Recipes (moderated) 0 25-11-2006 05:15 AM
Sweet Potato Cake PENMART01 General Cooking 0 24-11-2004 04:15 PM