CRO

Default Swiss Alpine Frosting

Does anyone have a recipe for this frosting. I learned it about 30 years
ago in home-ec. I remember some of the ingredents.
C&H Cane Powdered Sugar
High Ratio Shortining or Crisco
Bright White
Vanilla
Egg whites?

It was NOT cooked over the double boiler like a swiss icing.

Thanks for reading.
Cheryl

Roy Basan

CRO > wrote in message . com>...
> Does anyone have a recipe for this frosting. I learned it about 30 years
> ago in home-ec. I remember some of the ingredents.
> C&H Cane Powdered Sugar
> High Ratio Shortining or Crisco
> Bright White
> Vanilla
> Egg whites?
>
> It was NOT cooked over the double boiler like a swiss icing.
>
> Thanks for reading.
> Cheryl

Mebbee.. this is related to the institutional buttercream icing.
Which look like this:Based on icing sugar as calculated by weight
basis.
Fine icing sugar 100 parts
hot water 15 parts which you add the sifted sugar to the water
mixing it to a paste.
Then
40 parts each of butter and emulsified shortening is combined with
2.5 parts of skim milk powder and added to the sugar water mixture,
where it is creamed until soft and light.
Then you add 7.5-8 parts of egg white while creaming well. You can add
the desired flavor you want .
Finally you add some water (to attain the desired spreading
consistency,) the amount can be variable but usually about 5 parts.You
may omit or add the barest minimum if you want a stiffer icing.
If you want to use Crisco which is considered a partially emulsified
shortening you can use all of it so that you will obtain a really
white icing.

Best Swiss/Alpine milk chocolate? Christopher M.[_3_] General Cooking 1 27-05-2012 04:15 PM
Seven Minute Frosting vs White Mountain Frosting Wayne Boatwright Baking 11 29-06-2005 09:21 PM
Seven Minute Frosting vs White Mountain Frosting Wayne Boatwright General Cooking 3 28-06-2005 05:53 AM
Alpine Eggs Alan_B General Cooking 2 14-09-2004 12:14 AM
Alpine eggs Alan_B Diabetic 0 13-09-2004 08:19 PM