Diane W. Saunders

Default Sinking Cheesecake Cupcakes

Dear absent friends, your expertise is needed again. When baking
creamcheese cupcakes -- 25 minutes at 300 degrees -- they appear well
rounded after the first 25 minutes. Then I leave them in the oven,
just in case, for another hour. When I look in they have become
sunken in the middle If there is no remedy for this could anyone
recommend a topping that could be piped on for a lovely finish????? I
am particularly interested in a topping for a pumpkin cheesecake. As
always, any and all respondents are much appreciated.
Vox Humana

"Diane W. Saunders" > wrote in message
om...
> Dear absent friends, your expertise is needed again. When baking
> creamcheese cupcakes -- 25 minutes at 300 degrees -- they appear well
> rounded after the first 25 minutes. Then I leave them in the oven,
> just in case, for another hour. When I look in they have become
> sunken in the middle If there is no remedy for this could anyone
> recommend a topping that could be piped on for a lovely finish????? I
> am particularly interested in a topping for a pumpkin cheesecake. As
> always, any and all respondents are much appreciated.

If this is a traditional cheese cake, then the problem is that it becomes
rounded in the first place. The first thing I would look at would be the
mixing technique. Make sure that the ingredients are at room temperature
and then mix at low speed just enough to blend everything. Too much mixing
will aerate the batter and you will get inflation on baking and deflation on
cooling. You might also check your oven with a thermometer to be sure that
it is really at 300F. A water bath might also be beneficial.

I think the depression could be an asset however, For plain cheesecake, I
would spoon in some fruit filling like cheery, blueberry, pineapple, or
strawberry and a sprig of mint. For pumpkin, you could put in a spoonful of
caramel ice-cream topping and decorate with some white chocolate curls and a
candied pecan half.

Vox Humana