FoodBanter.com

-   -   LE CIAMBELLE (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/396447-le-ciambelle.html)

Brian Christiansen 10-05-2010 07:17 PM

LE CIAMBELLE

In another group, le
ciambelle(http://www.davidrocco.com/recipes/de...ciambelle.asp), was
mentioned as a type of cookie. Several sites I looked at described it as a
"ring cake." Another said it was "the closesest thing that italy has to a
donut," but none of them described it as a "cookie." I am not certain how I
would describe it, but probably not "cookie."

It is obviously a "baked good," but beyond that, I am not sure. Is it a
cookie, a ring cake, a donut, a quick bread, what?

Brian Christiansen.