Posted to rec.food.baking

Default baking supplies

Hi there! I am about to start my sea change and follow my heart into
the baking world. I am heading o/s to Hong Kong and China soon and was
wanting to know if anyone has any idea where the best place to stock
up on 3 years worth of cake decorating items/tools.
Posted to rec.food.baking

"dimitri" > wrote in message
> Hi there! I am about to start my sea change and follow my heart into
> the baking world. I am heading o/s to Hong Kong and China soon and was
> wanting to know if anyone has any idea where the best place to stock
> up on 3 years worth of cake decorating items/tools.

While you are in China, just be sure to visit at least one of the bakeries
where they blend the melamine into the flour. Melamine makes the flour show
that it has more proteins, vitamins and minerals when tested, It's also
cheaper than actual food products.

Posted to rec.food.baking
J* J* is offline

why would anyone in their right mind eat flour with melamine in it?
some scumbags in china put melamine into milk powder last year and after it
was used to make baby formula there were hundreds of sick babys and some
died from it.
it gets into your kidneys iirc.
who eats plastic? melamine is a form of plastic. they made dishes from it
back in the 50s and 60s but no one actually ate it. that would be stupid.
DO NOT buy or eat any other food product that has melamine in it.
j.

" Joe" wrote ...

"dimitri" wrote ...
> Hi there! I am about to start my sea change and follow my heart into
> the baking world. I am heading o/s to Hong Kong and China soon and was
> wanting to know if anyone has any idea where the best place to stock
> up on 3 years worth of cake decorating items/tools.

While you are in China, just be sure to visit at least one of the bakeries
where they blend the melamine into the flour. Melamine makes the flour show
that it has more proteins, vitamins and minerals when tested, It's also
cheaper than actual food products.

Posted to rec.food.baking

"J*" > wrote in message
> why would anyone in their right mind eat flour with melamine in it?
> some scumbags in china put melamine into milk powder last year and after
> it
> was used to make baby formula there were hundreds of sick babys and some
> died from it.
> it gets into your kidneys iirc.
> who eats plastic? melamine is a form of plastic. they made dishes from it
> back in the 50s and 60s but no one actually ate it. that would be stupid.
> DO NOT buy or eat any other food product that has melamine in it.
> j.

Yup. That's the risk ya take when ya buy something from China. That's
their way of conquering the world. Get "Most Favored Nation" status from
the US, then slowly poison the US. Pretty slick idear, huh?

dimitri was looking for "the best place to stock up on 3 years worth of cake
decorating items" while he is visiting China.

Whoosh?????

> " Joe" wrote ...
>
> "dimitri" wrote ...
>> Hi there! I am about to start my sea change and follow my heart into
>> the baking world. I am heading o/s to Hong Kong and China soon and was
>> wanting to know if anyone has any idea where the best place to stock
>> up on 3 years worth of cake decorating items/tools.

> While you are in China, just be sure to visit at least one of the bakeries
> where they blend the melamine into the flour. Melamine makes the flour
> show
> that it has more proteins, vitamins and minerals when tested, It's also
> cheaper than actual food products.

Defrosting and getting supplies mhorlick Winemaking 17 16-07-2008 06:07 PM
Supplies Puester Preserving 1 01-05-2007 01:03 AM
Baking soda and baking powder. Some question Pandora General Cooking 11 24-08-2006 12:40 PM
what do baking soda and baking powder do in cooking? [email protected] General Cooking 3 13-07-2005 11:08 PM
Supplies Jason Thomas Winemaking 0 21-01-2004 10:39 AM