FoodBanter.com

-   -   Baking mini-cupcakes (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/39-baking-mini-cupcakes.html)

Diane W. Saunders 17-10-2003 02:02 PM

Baking mini-cupcakes

Again, I am throwing myself on the altar of knowledge that is out
there -- when baking mini-cupcakes can any cake recipe be used, i.e,
any butter cake recipe and is it better to use paper inserts or can
they be presented (at a party) without them????? My thanks for your
patience at my lack of experience.

Vox Humana 17-10-2003 04:13 PM

Baking mini-cupcakes

"Diane W. Saunders" > wrote in message
m...
> Again, I am throwing myself on the altar of knowledge that is out
> there -- when baking mini-cupcakes can any cake recipe be used, i.e,
> any butter cake recipe and is it better to use paper inserts or can
> they be presented (at a party) without them????? My thanks for your
> patience at my lack of experience.

You can use any batter. I like to use paper liners because you don't have to
worry about the sticking to the pan. How you serve them is up to you.
Again, I think the are better served in the paper liners.

Baldy Cotton 17-10-2003 10:47 PM

Baking mini-cupcakes

Far as I can tell, someone wrote:
>Again, I am throwing myself on the altar of knowledge that is out
>there -- when baking mini-cupcakes can any cake recipe be used, i.e,
>any butter cake recipe and is it better to use paper inserts or can
>they be presented (at a party) without them????? My thanks for your
>patience at my lack of experience.

I always use paper liners. They come out of the pan easier, altho
that's not always the case, BUT, there are fewer crumbs dropping to the
floor, the pan is easier to clean, and the muffin itself can be handled
by others whose hands may not be perfectly clean.

But... your milage may vary. try it both ways and see.