Maurice

Default 2/4 Pittsburgh-Tribune - Valentine Fudge Brownie Sundae Treat

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/trib.../s_177588.html

is one of 10 national finalists who will be competing for the grand
prize, a $25,000 scholarship. What is unique about this recipe is that
it is cooked in a microwave oven and is decorated like a mouse. It
takes less than five minutes to bake, and the mug doubles as a serving
dish. You can vote for the recipe by visiting

http://www.pillsburybaking.com/prodP...c_entries.aspx

during February.

* Butter, for greasing
* 1 package Pillsbury SnackBatch Fudge Brownie Mix (8- by 8-inch size)
* 1 large egg
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 2 tablespoons water
* 1 pint vanilla ice cream
* 1 (about 12 ounces) small jar hot fudge topping
* 8 chocolate-covered thin 2-inch mint wafers
* 1 (7 ounces) can spray whipped cream
* 8 chocolate-covered peanuts
* 4 maraschino cherries, drained

Lightly grease the inside of 4 (8-ounce) mugs.

Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions (using the
egg, oil and water) and divide the batter evenly among the mugs.
Microwave all 4 mugs at the same time on high power for 4 to 41/2
minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the
batter. Let cool.

Place a heaping scoop of ice cream on top of each mug. Heat the hot
fudge sauce according to label directions and pour over the ice cream
until the ice cream is completely covered.

Stand 2 mint wafers up and place them side by side on top of the ice
cream to form "ears." Spray 2 small circles of whipped cream on each
sundae to form eyes and make one larger oval-shaped mound going across
underneath for a snout. Place a chocolate-covered peanut in the center
of each eye and a cherry in the center of the snout for the nose.

Sundae cups can be served immediately, or place in the freezer to
enjoy later.

Makes 4 servings.

_________

Please go and vote -- take 10 seconds and help send a kid to college.

http://www.pillsburybaking.com/prodP...c_entries.aspx
Heidi

Well, you could substitute a homemade brownie recipe. The original
recipe sounded like it was meant as a family treat. I've never used
the Pillsbury SnackBatch Mix, but I have used other packaged brownie
mixes and liked them.

Heidi