FoodBanter.com

-   -   Tiramisu + sugar paste (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/386-tiramisu-sugar-paste.html)

tangbj 07-02-2004 05:23 PM

Tiramisu + sugar paste

I'm thinking of using sugarpaste and buttercream on a normal chocolate
cake to create some sort of fanciful design taken from a party cake
book for valentine's day. However, the recipent of the cake likes
tiramisu alot. I was wondering if I could combine the two? As tiramisu
has cream on the sides, could it be used to stick the sugar paste
instead of buttercream?

Davida Chazan - The Chocolate Lady 08-02-2004 07:30 AM

Tiramisu + sugar paste

NOTE: My Correct Address is in my signature (just remove the spaces).
On 7 Feb 2004 09:23:29 -0800, (tangbj) wrote:

>I'm thinking of using sugarpaste and buttercream on a normal chocolate
>cake to create some sort of fanciful design taken from a party cake
>book for valentine's day. However, the recipent of the cake likes
>tiramisu alot. I was wondering if I could combine the two? As tiramisu
>has cream on the sides, could it be used to stick the sugar paste
>instead of buttercream?

Doesn't sound likely. Tiramisu is more like a mousse than a cream,
and I can't see it moulding very well.

(At least not with the Tiramisu recipe I use.)

--
Davida Chazan (The Chocolate Lady)
<davida @ jdc . org . il>