Corliss Liekkio

Default Finnish lemon cake

My mother-in-law verbally gave me a receipe for "Ambrosiatorttu". I
think it had a stick of butter, a cup flour, l cup sugar, 3 eggs and
lemon zest. I have forgotten something. It is not working this way.
What is missing? Any clues?
Kirsi V

> "Corliss Liekkio" > wrote in message
> om...
> > My mother-in-law verbally gave me a receipe for "Ambrosiatorttu". I
> > think it had a stick of butter, a cup flour, l cup sugar, 3 eggs and
> > lemon zest. I have forgotten something. It is not working this way.
> > What is missing? Any clues?

I find this kind of recipe:

125 g butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 dl sugar
1 1/2 dl flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder

Icing:
3 dl icing sugar
2 table spoon water or orange or lemon juice
4 tablespoon (preserve) orange peel

1. grease about 1 liter, low pan.
2. Melt butter ja let it cool
3. beat eggs and sugar
4. Add flour, baking powder and butter
5. Bake about 30 minutes in 150 C
6. Turn cake over and let it cool off
7. Mix icing sugar and water or juice
8. Spread icing on the cake and add the orange peel on top of it.

Lemon Seven-up Cake Sto' Recipes (moderated) 0 22-11-2007 06:50 PM
Lemon Layer Cake With Lemon Curd lindatn Recipes (moderated) 0 16-03-2007 12:02 AM
lemon cake Dorothy Shannon Baking 1 02-02-2005 10:13 PM
# Cake for Damsel - Lemon Cream Cheese Pound Cake Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 0 31-01-2005 03:38 PM
Finnish lemon cake Roy Basan Baking 0 11-10-2004 07:32 AM