bob

Default Yeasty Pan Cake

Many years ago my parents would buy a Cinammon and Sugar covered cake
that was baked in a large pan with attached individual segments, each
about 3 inches square, that you bought from the pan with the baker
tearing off the number of segments as desired. It was rich and yeasty
and would keep very well. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds as
though it would make this simple cake.
Lorena

Was it basically an unrolled cinnamon roll? What color was the cake?

"bob" > wrote in message
> Many years ago my parents would buy a Cinammon and Sugar covered cake
> that was baked in a large pan with attached individual segments, each
> about 3 inches square, that you bought from the pan with the baker
> tearing off the number of segments as desired. It was rich and yeasty
> and would keep very well. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds as
> though it would make this simple cake.

pheasant

"bob" > wrote in message
> Many years ago my parents would buy a Cinammon and Sugar covered cake
> that was baked in a large pan with attached individual segments, each
> about 3 inches square, that you bought from the pan with the baker
> tearing off the number of segments as desired. It was rich and yeasty
> and would keep very well. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds as
> though it would make this simple cake.

Sounds like what we call a bubble loaf. Take frozen bun dough, put in your
pan, bake, then glaze as you see fit. My wife usually will make carmel
rolls where she takes brown sugar and butterscotch pudding along with some
butter. Invert when done and serve warm. You could also make a powdered
sugar frosting and glaze too.
If this sounds like what you're looking for, let me know and I'll ask her
and post the recipe.
Mark

--
Four boxes protect our freedom: the soap box, the
ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Margaret Suran

pheasant wrote:
> "bob" > wrote in message
>
>>Many years ago my parents would buy a Cinammon and Sugar covered cake
>>that was baked in a large pan with attached individual segments, each
>>about 3 inches square, that you bought from the pan with the baker
>>tearing off the number of segments as desired. It was rich and yeasty
>>and would keep very well. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds as
>>though it would make this simple cake.

Could you mean Monkey Cake? Here is a recipe from Google:

Monkey Cake
Who Said You can't Eat with Your Fingers!
4 cans Buttermilk Biscuts
1 3/4 cups Sugar (Divided)
2 Tbls. Cinnamon
1 1/2 sticks Margarine
1/4 cup Brown Sugar

Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees F.

Mix 1 cup sugar and 2 Tbls. of cinnamon.

Cut uncooked biscuits into 1/4 pieces.

Dip 1/4 sections into sugar/cinnamon mix.

Place dipped sections into greased tube pan.

Pour remaining sugar/cinnamon mix on top.

Melt 1 1/2 sticks margarine, add 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar.

Bring to a light boil. Pour over biscuit sections in pan.

Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 min. Immediatly remove from pan to plate.

Once cake is on the plate and it cools for about 5-10 minutes, you can
start picking at the cake.

The pieces will just come off, no need for cutting!

Tip: The cake is best when warm, so after the cake cools, heat little
sections in the microwave for a few seconds to get that out of the
oven taste.
Preparation Time: Serves:
Recipe Origin: United States
Submitted by:
Ann Marie Caballero
Indiana
United States

Vox Humana

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> pheasant wrote:
> > "bob" > wrote in message
> >
> >>Many years ago my parents would buy a Cinammon and Sugar covered cake
> >>that was baked in a large pan with attached individual segments, each
> >>about 3 inches square, that you bought from the pan with the baker
> >>tearing off the number of segments as desired. It was rich and yeasty
> >>and would keep very well. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds as
> >>though it would make this simple cake.

> Could you mean Monkey Cake? Here is a recipe from Google:
>
> Monkey Cake
> Who Said You can't Eat with Your Fingers!
> 4 cans Buttermilk Biscuts
> 1 3/4 cups Sugar (Divided)
> 2 Tbls. Cinnamon
> 1 1/2 sticks Margarine
> 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
>

> Pre-heat oven at 350 degrees F.
>
> Mix 1 cup sugar and 2 Tbls. of cinnamon.
>
> Cut uncooked biscuits into 1/4 pieces.
>
> Dip 1/4 sections into sugar/cinnamon mix.
>
> Place dipped sections into greased tube pan.
>
> Pour remaining sugar/cinnamon mix on top.
>
> Melt 1 1/2 sticks margarine, add 3/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar.
>
> Bring to a light boil. Pour over biscuit sections in pan.
>
> Bake at 350 degrees F. for 40-45 min. Immediatly remove from pan to plate.
>
> Once cake is on the plate and it cools for about 5-10 minutes, you can
> start picking at the cake.

Paula Dean had this on her show last Saturday, except that she flatten the
biscuits and put a lump of cream cheese in the center, then pinched it
together to enclose the cheese. I would use yeast dough instead of the
canned biscuits.

martin maly

I suppose that this was a creamcake. It is a normal sweet yeast dough with a
topping of 200 g cream and 50 g Patisserie-powder. Befor baking
cinamon-sugar (20g cinamon, 1kg Suggar) is put on top of it.
It is baked in the ofen as a normal cake (15 min at 230 C), the pan enables
the baker to make more cake at a time than with small cake pans.

martin

"bob" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Many years ago my parents would buy a Cinammon and Sugar covered cake
> that was baked in a large pan with attached individual segments, each
> about 3 inches square, that you bought from the pan with the baker
> tearing off the number of segments as desired. It was rich and yeasty
> and would keep very well. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds as
> though it would make this simple cake.

bob

Would like to see the recipe.

Thanks,

Bob

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 06:10:50 -0600, "pheasant" >
wrote:

>"bob" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Many years ago my parents would buy a Cinammon and Sugar covered cake
>> that was baked in a large pan with attached individual segments, each
>> about 3 inches square, that you bought from the pan with the baker
>> tearing off the number of segments as desired. It was rich and yeasty
>> and would keep very well. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds as
>> though it would make this simple cake.

>Sounds like what we call a bubble loaf. Take frozen bun dough, put in your
>pan, bake, then glaze as you see fit. My wife usually will make carmel
>rolls where she takes brown sugar and butterscotch pudding along with some
>butter. Invert when done and serve warm. You could also make a powdered
>sugar frosting and glaze too.
>If this sounds like what you're looking for, let me know and I'll ask her
>and post the recipe.
>Mark

bob

Do you have a recipe for this?

Bob

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004 11:13:02 +0100, "martin maly" >
wrote:

>I suppose that this was a creamcake. It is a normal sweet yeast dough with a
>topping of 200 g cream and 50 g Patisserie-powder. Befor baking
>cinamon-sugar (20g cinamon, 1kg Suggar) is put on top of it.
>It is baked in the ofen as a normal cake (15 min at 230 C), the pan enables
>the baker to make more cake at a time than with small cake pans.
>
>martin
>
>"bob" > schrieb im Newsbeitrag
.. .
>> Many years ago my parents would buy a Cinammon and Sugar covered cake
>> that was baked in a large pan with attached individual segments, each
>> about 3 inches square, that you bought from the pan with the baker
>> tearing off the number of segments as desired. It was rich and yeasty
>> and would keep very well. Does anyone have a recipe that sounds as
>> though it would make this simple cake.

pheasant

"bob" > wrote in message
> Would like to see the recipe.

Bubble Loaf

24 frozen white dinner roll dough
1/2 package butterscotch pudding (not instant)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter

Put frozen rolls into greased bundt pan. Sprinkle on dry pudding. Sprinkle
with cinnamon, may add pecans if desired. Melt butter and mix brown sugar to
make a syrup. Pour over all. Cover with foil and let stand overnight in
refrigerator. Remove foil and bake at 350 F for 30 minutes. Let sit out for
5-10 minutes before inverting.