FoodBanter.com

-   -   chocolate crumb coffee cake (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/373-chocolate-crumb-coffee-cake.html)

Judy 03-02-2004 01:30 AM

chocolate crumb coffee cake

Has anyone out there have a recipe for chocolate crumb coffee cake or
something similar? Thanks in advance,Judy

Nexis 03-02-2004 04:58 PM

"Judy" > wrote in message
> Has anyone out there have a recipe for chocolate crumb coffee cake or
> something similar? Thanks in advance,Judy

I actually made my own just using my mom's recipe for coffee cake and
altering the streusel. I added some Schokinag cocoa and mini chips to it.
Here's the recipe:

Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake
Cake
¼ cup unsalted butter
¾ cup sugar
1 egg, slightly beaten
1½ cup flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips

Topping
1 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 Tbsp good quality cocoa
5 tablespoons butter (if using the unsalted, add 1/4 tsp salt to offset
sweetness)
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Spray a 9" x 9" pan with non-stick cooking spray. In a
medium bowl, cream margarine and sugar; beat in egg. Sift together flour,
baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Add to creamed mixture
alternately with milk. Stir in vanilla. Pour 1/2 of batter into prepared
pan.

To make topping: In a small bowl, mix together sugar, flour, cocoa and
cinnamon. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork, or use fingers to work
in until it kinda resembles wet sand, with some larger crumbs. Add in chips.
Spoon half over batter and top with remaining batter. Spoon remaining
topping over batter. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

kimberly

miracatta 07-02-2004 06:16 AM

chocolate crumb coffee cake

> Chocolate Streusel Coffee Cake
> Cake

Thank you for the wonderful recipe...my kids will go nuts for
it...they don't like the traditional type with nuts, but will adore
this one!