Debbie

Default Cake Roll video?

Does anybody know of a free online video clip that shows how to roll a
cake or a jelly roll?
Here are my online video finds, but they don't show how to roll a cake
or a jelly roll. Thanks.

1. http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/CookingSchool/
2. http://www.abc.net.au/occasionalcook...es/s491149.htm
3. http://msltv.multicastmedia.com/view...rnd=433&hi=223
4. http://www.optonline.net/Living/AllFoodIndex
5. http://ccms.ntu.edu.tw/~karchung/Extras.htm#cooking
qahtan

Important features of making a jelly/Swiss roll :-

Do not over bake also, generously sprinkle castor sugar on a towel a little
larger than the cake.
Immediately loosen cake from pan and turn over onto the towel. Carefully
remove lining paper. Trim off any crisp edges of cake as quick as
possible.While hot, carefully roll cake and towel. Let cool on wire rack at
least 30 minutes.

"Debbie" > wrote in message
om...
> Does anybody know of a free online video clip that shows how to roll a
> cake or a jelly roll?
> Here are my online video finds, but they don't show how to roll a cake
> or a jelly roll. Thanks.
>
> 1. http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/CookingSchool/
> 2. http://www.abc.net.au/occasionalcook...es/s491149.htm
> 3.

http://msltv.multicastmedia.com/view...rnd=433&hi=223
> 4. http://www.optonline.net/Living/AllFoodIndex
> 5. http://ccms.ntu.edu.tw/~karchung/Extras.htm#cooking

Vox Humana

"Debbie" > wrote in message
om...
> Does anybody know of a free online video clip that shows how to roll a
> cake or a jelly roll?
> Here are my online video finds, but they don't show how to roll a cake
> or a jelly roll. Thanks.

Here is a link to a video that shows how to roll the cake. There are two
segments. The first shows how to make the cake and the second shows the
rolling.
http://tinyurl.com/3mfv5

qahtan

For what it's worth when I make a jelly/Swiss roll I make it with genoise
batter. It gives a much better finished shape, plus flavour.

"Vox Humana" > wrote in message

> "Debbie" > wrote in message
> om...
> > Does anybody know of a free online video clip that shows how to roll a
> > cake or a jelly roll?
> > Here are my online video finds, but they don't show how to roll a cake
> > or a jelly roll. Thanks.
> >

> Here is a link to a video that shows how to roll the cake. There are two
> segments. The first shows how to make the cake and the second shows the
> rolling.
> http://tinyurl.com/3mfv5

Vox Humana

"qahtan" > wrote in message
.. .
> For what it's worth when I make a jelly/Swiss roll I make it with genoise
> batter. It gives a much better finished shape, plus flavour.

I think that the use of a chiffon cake in the video is a rather unusual
choice, but the basic technique is applicable to other common types of foam
cakes used in cake rolls.

> "Vox Humana" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Debbie" > wrote in message
> > om...
> > > Does anybody know of a free online video clip that shows how to roll a
> > > cake or a jelly roll?
> > > Here are my online video finds, but they don't show how to roll a cake
> > > or a jelly roll. Thanks.
> > >

> > Here is a link to a video that shows how to roll the cake. There are

two
> > segments. The first shows how to make the cake and the second shows the
> > rolling.
> > http://tinyurl.com/3mfv5

Debbie

Thank you for the video and the help everybody. I read online that we
can use Angel food cake mix for the cake roll. Has anybody tried this?
Sounds delicious. Thanks again for all the replies and the online
video link

Debbie