FoodBanter.com

-   -   Graham flour (https://www.foodbanter.com/baking/362-graham-flour.html)

John C 27-01-2004 04:23 PM

Graham flour

Coffee can brown bread

What is Graham Flour? What can I substitute for it?

Richard Kaszeta 27-01-2004 04:26 PM

Graham flour

"John C" > writes:

> Coffee can brown bread
>
> What is Graham Flour? What can I substitute for it?

It's a coarser milled whole wheat flour. You can usually substitute
regular whole wheat flour.

--
Richard W Kaszeta

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich

BRevere 29-01-2004 10:36 PM

Graham flour

Graham flour is whole wheat flour that is a bit coarser grind than regular
whole wheat flour. You can use regular whole wheat flour, but the texture
of the final product may be a bit different.

Barb

Peggy 13-02-2004 02:58 AM

Graham flour

If it's a sweet recipe, I've substituted graham cracker crumbs and reduced
the sugar added

http://www.kaszeta.org/rich